Home

MLB 20 The Show Wishlist!

This is a discussion on MLB 20 The Show Wishlist! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #73
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 20 The Show Wishlist!

My wish list generally pertains to franchise mode as that's all I play, but they don't necessarily need to be exclusive to it.(also avoiding "improve this" or "fix that" and focusing more on things that aren't currently in game)

1- Non roster invitees: Would be great to bring in some vets or cast offs to take a chance on in spring training.

2-Rehab assignments: Would be pretty cool to send a guy working his way back from injury to AAA for a few games(maybe 3 max). Could be an optional feature as well(as in you don't have to send them if you don't feel the need)

3- Rain outs/double headers: Rain delays were a really cool addition. Would love to see them take the next step and add full on cancelled games leading to double headers. This could also lead to the addition of the 26th man.

4- Brawls and suspensions: Obviously I understand why MLB wouldn't want a feature like that in the game. However, it is part of baseball and IMO should have some sort of representation in the game. We don't need to see the whole thing or even any of it. You can just show maybe benches clearing, guys arguing, etc and then just cut to a screen telling you who was ejected and whatnot. After the game you can find out whos suspended and for how long.

5- Real coaches and players coming back to coach: They don't need to include every manager and coach ever, but perhaps those that were under contract within the past 2 or 3 years. And having one of your guys retire, but bringing him back as your manager or a coach would be pretty sweet.

6- Opt outs/ no trade clauses: Signing a guy to a minor league deal but him having say a June 1st opt out would put some pressure on you as to what to do as the date gets closer. The no trade clause would be tough, and would most likely need to be full and not partial. But maybe your the Blue Jays and you have a canadian fella on your team, and he wants to stay close to home so he rejects a trade offer. Or perhaps your in 1st place but just don't have any plans for him but he doesn't want to go to a lesser team. Again, generic but cool IMO.

7-International signing period: Obviously with generic guys. It can be just a short 3 day thing. I'm sure it would be a touch tricky to add international bonus pool money, so it could just be treated like free agency.

8- Player interactions: I guess this could be considered improving upon something, and it's more for those that don't always check morale. But getting an e-mail or a pop up or something with it saying to the effect "so and so isn't happy about not starting" or "this guy isn't happy here and would like to be traded" would be neat little things.

9- In-game coach suggestions: Another one that is kind of a tweak but also an addition. Pre game when setting your line up you get coach pop ups(this guy has been red hot, maybe you should move him up in the line up, or this guys hasn't played in a while etc), why not in game as well? When going to the bull pen or pinch hitting, why not something like "this guys been lights out against lefties this year,maybe you should get him up" or "this guys has been hitting .450 off the bench, maybe you should go with him".

10- Relocation/expansion: Relocation is fairly self explanatory. But I think an expansion draft would be a cool feature. There would obviously need to be 2 teams to keep things even. Perhaps each team drafts 2 players each from the other teams so you loose 4 guys and really have to decide who to make available. Id say this could only happen once during your franchise, and maybe you can even dictate when. Also you could have the choice of being one of the expansion teams!
Old 07-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #74
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

The game needs a mlb simulation <———-> arcade slider for hitting where you can tune in your ratio of hitting attribute influence verse actual input influence. For example at default it could be 50%/50% and raising and lowering the slider increases or lowers the other variable.

I feel hitting has regressed the more they have tried to encompass both ends of the hitting ability spectrum (the weaker player at one end the stronger player at the other). The range is too far the balance properly.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:47 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

The ability to start a franchise at the beginning of the offseason or at spring training.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #76
Rookie

I want a practice mode where you can set which of the 9 areas of the strike zone you want pitches and which pitches you want to see. So you can work on recognizing pitches or even randomize it where you can literally see any pitch from a pitcher.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #77
Just started!

Only thing I want....and have wanted for years….and every year disappointed to not see it.

Everything else pales in comparison. The online aspect of the Show sucks and is stale.

It's crazy how 12-13 years about multiplayer online baseball was a thing but in the year 2019 we can't implement it and its nowhere to be found???

We need a World of Chel esque mode. Where you take your RTTS player and you compete vs other RTTS players. Like a 5v5 or 6v6. Have elagues and just drop in games. Stats.....leaderborards. Like the old UBO baseball. I've been dying for something like this for ever a decade. The most fun I have ever had in gaming was playing mmo baseball.

This better be a thing on the PS5....there is no fing reason why it shouldn't. At the very least bring back Online Franchise.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:30 AM   #78
Pro

OVR: 3

I just wish they would give me the option to review all of the accepted trades around the league before they actually happen (like 2K does on My League).

That would cut down on the awful trades without having to go through the hassle of 30 team control.

Provide that with improved team and player AI in free agency and I would be perfectly happy with Franchise mode.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #79
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

It was said once before here, but for me, the only thing I really want is an expansion draft in franchise mode. After playing with expansion teams in 2K and in NHL, I find it hard to start a franchise now if I'm not an expansion team. I like the challenge of taking the "cast-offs", so to speak, of other teams and start building the team my way.
Not sure how they would implement it since they would have to determine the rules for the expansion draft and everything, but I would love this.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:25 AM   #80
Rookie

Customizable draft classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »