Home

How tough is dynamic difficulty?

This is a discussion on How tough is dynamic difficulty? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 02:15 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: How tough is dynamic difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
Is there such thing as legend plus? Wish you could start dynamic difficulty at a specific level
There seems to be, actually:

I haven't tried nor wanted to get there - Legend is plenty tough for me!

And, to answer the question "why bother with dynamic if you're just going to play on a regular, selectable difficulty level".....it's because of RTTS. Dynamic doesn't do the whole difficulty change between organization levels thing, so in this way (and with the Dynamic slider zeroed) I can have it on Legend throughout an entire career without having to change any settings.

Agree 100% on the want for starting Dynamic at a specific level - would save me a few hours on launch day every year trying to boost my level to lock it in right away.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-18-2019 at 02:24 AM. Reason: changed to not-crappy image quality
Old 09-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #18
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

What hitting camera are you using?

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 09-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizfan2
What hitting camera are you using?
Assuming that was addressed to me, it's Strike Zone 3 in that screenshot. Still my favorite hitting cam for being a sort of-zoomed in Fisheye - gives me a nice aesthetic view of the park, but also allows me a good look at the strike zone where I can read pitch breaks better.

I do use the runner windows on for keeping tabs on baserunners because the view does cut off the end of the 1st and 3rd baselines.

Edit: Sorry, that wasn't strike zone 3 - I didn't have my usual camera settings loaded when I screenshotted this. This is the camera I was describing - apologies for the confusion! And ignore the bit about the baselines - I do actually still use the runner windows even in this view, though the lines are clearly visible (that's what tipped me off to it being the wrong camera).

I'll see if I can figure out what camera that actually was, if you're still curious.

Edit 2: I believe that was Catcher High in the first screenshot. Not a view I normally use, but it was loaded in when I took that shot.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-25-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:40 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Been playing on dynamic difficulty till now, and stat-wise I'm dominating, now I'm wondering if that difficult designed to create mostly positive results for the user? Does it keep things rather easy and kind of make sure you are winning most games no matter what?

I haven't played it enough myself to draw a final conclusion but I'm sure many of you guys have, I want to be challenged and I'm ready to move on from dynamic difficulty if the consensus is that u will hardly struggle for too long to win games.
The longer you play using dynamic difficulty, and the better you begin to play, the difficulty can ramp up. You start off on super easy, but you can work your way into HoF on one or both sides of the game. You can be pitching HoF, and if you hit lesser, it could have the difficulty at veteran.

For me, I like how the dynamic difficulty works. But after you get better, you'll probably need to finagle with the sliders some to make the game a bit harder. Whether it's making the pitch speed higher, or lowering user solid hits...
Old 09-26-2019, 07:44 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Assuming that was addressed to me, it's Strike Zone 3 in that screenshot. Still my favorite hitting cam for being a sort of-zoomed in Fisheye - gives me a nice aesthetic view of the park, but also allows me a good look at the strike zone where I can read pitch breaks better.

I do use the runner windows on for keeping tabs on baserunners because the view does cut off the end of the 1st and 3rd baselines.

Edit: Sorry, that wasn't strike zone 3 - I didn't have my usual camera settings loaded when I screenshotted this. This is the camera I was describing - apologies for the confusion! And ignore the bit about the baselines - I do actually still use the runner windows even in this view, though the lines are clearly visible (that's what tipped me off to it being the wrong camera).

I'll see if I can figure out what camera that actually was, if you're still curious.

Edit 2: I believe that was Catcher High in the first screenshot. Not a view I normally use, but it was loaded in when I took that shot.
I use "the show 15" camera to hit... It (for me) gives me a better chance to read the pitch, and differentiate low fastballs from strikes, which is one area that I have a hard time doing with other cameras... Even "the show 16" camera is pretty good. But for me, 15 just works the best for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #22
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I use "the show 15" camera to hit... It (for me) gives me a better chance to read the pitch, and differentiate low fastballs from strikes, which is one area that I have a hard time doing with other cameras... Even "the show 16" camera is pretty good. But for me, 15 just works the best for me.
Yeah I went from catcher high to wide in games past, this year I'm using The Show 16. I can see the ball decently enough, plus since I don't have the runner windows on I can somewhat see the guy on first taking a lead without the view being distorted like with the fish eye cam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »