Home

The future of MLB The Show

This is a discussion on The future of MLB The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The future of MLB The Show

I have a MLB 20 wishlist here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-wishlist.html

but i thought i'd make a new forum for this idea. Ive noticed franchise mode feels a little stale as far as personalities go, the morale system is broken. guys are upset when they get called up to the big leagues which has been an issue for years. I work in major league baseball myself. I would like to see these things implemented if possible. most of these have been implemented into RTTS but not in franchise.

1. Team building training and player to player relationships.
2. have trade value for players value the players individual statistics
3. have less drastic drop-offs for older players and more randomness in prospects making it big
4. it is too easy to build a franchise in its current state, players potentials should be harder to uncover similar to NHL fog of war.
5. players shouldn't have a given number for potential but should rather be what they're projected as: 1-2 starter, bench bat, etc. that doesn't define what they can be because their "roles" can change. for example Josh harrison was a bench/utility and then became a starter then back to a bench guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The future of MLB The Show

I really believe the future of the Shows potential on the ps5 is better than what it turned out being going from ps3 to ps4. I feel like we got a lot of goodness on the Show ps4, but Greatness still Awaits and never quite fulfilled its ps4 potential. not saying the last 6 years weren't hella fun, but to me greatness is a 99 or 100 score, not 92, 93 or 94.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-15-2019, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

In franchise more was actually taken away from the mode during the PS4 versions than added.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

In the age of loot boxes and silly online modes, franchise is unfortunately an afterthought because it’s not the cash cow it used to be.

I mean hell, we had to wait until 2019 to get realistic contracts and extensions. Really?

That being said there are a few things that need major upgrades:

1) Morale System. Enough said.

2) Scouting and Draft. I think the draft should be customizable via how many rounds you want it to be. I think you should be able to select how many rounds you want per draft, 10-29 and allow scouts to be assigned to more than one prospect or be able to scout an array of prospects from a certain region.

3) More customizable rosters. Ability to import/export any player would be fantastic and would really ease the headache of updating rosters as the year goes on. I mean, is it really
that much to ask??

4) Ability to relocate and build new stadiums. SDS is WAY behind on this one. With the Rays possibly moving to Montreal and the Rangers building their new stadium, SDS has no excuse not to capitalize off those and make their own Relocation/New Stadium features.

5) More comprehensible budget. Knowing exactly how much your budget will be year in and out is crucial to franchise planning. Being able to have more control over your revenue and a more in-depth system of losing and gaining is revenue would be a much needed increase to the depth and immersion of franchise.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

This is becoming a wishlist thread again.

As far as the future? As much as they improve things, the game as a whole is starting to show its age. They need to hit the reset button on the attribute system, gameplay mechanics and broadcast style.

Last edited by nemesis04; 07-16-2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

For me current game when played with the right starting roster (amending all players ratings based on stats like Hybrid used to do) the right sliders and when playing each game is the best sport game experience have ever had (note I started playing in 1989).

Future of the game for me hopefully will just build up from that great legacy.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 07-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
This is becoming a wishlist thread again.

As far as the future? As much as they improve things, the game as a whole is starting to show its age. They need to hit the reset button on the attribute system, gameplay mechanics and broadcast style.
A good third of threads here at least almost turn into wishlishts . We're insatiable, and I'm especially guilty. The more we get, the more we want.

And speaking of the future Show moving to the ps5, my memory fails me .were ps3 AAA titles 59 dollars or was there price bump going to ps4? I was just wondering is it possible there might be a price bump for the ps5. Again, my memory is extremely selective, I cqnt even remember what ps2 new releases costed.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #8
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
A good third of threads here at least almost turn into wishlishts . We're insatiable, and I'm especially guilty. The more we get, the more we want.

And speaking of the future Show moving to the ps5, my memory fails me .were ps3 AAA titles 59 dollars or was there price bump going to ps4? I was just wondering is it possible there might be a price bump for the ps5. Again, my memory is extremely selective, I cqnt even remember what ps2 new releases costed.
I can’t recall the pricing. I just hope they don’t keep schlepping old aspects of the game like they did with the ps3 to the ps4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »