Home

Thru 40 games we lead the majors in walks drawn

This is a discussion on Thru 40 games we lead the majors in walks drawn within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2019, 01:01 PM   #33
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thru 40 games we lead the majors in walks drawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I'm willing to learn, clue me in. It's your contention that you CANNOT have too many walks with strike frequency at 6?
Exactly. You will still have high walk games, but depending on who's pitching it varies. Default is just too many early balls from everyone. I recommend trying 6. Its a good experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #34
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

I'm sorry everyone. I'm sorry countryboy. I didn't want it to go this far, but I had to do it. I really do apologize.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Getting back on topic....

We extended our league lead in walks drawn after drawing 9 walks in a 19 inning marathon against the Pirates. The irony is that I walked home the go ahead/winning run in the Top of the 19th with an exhausted Jordan Hicks. The man I walked, Steven Brault their pitcher.
you mentioned earlier that other stats weren't anything to speak of (paraphrasing) but where do you rank in homers? I dont have the patience to rank in the top half of walks, so the walks I do get I credit to whatever power my hitters are displaying.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
you mentioned earlier that other stats weren't anything to speak of (paraphrasing) but where do you rank in homers? I dont have the patience to rank in the top half of walks, so the walks I do get I credit to whatever power my hitters are displaying.
We are the middle of the pack in homeruns hit. I think we're around 19th or at least that is the last number I remember.

We are also down in the rankings in average which is surprising given our walk totals and who we have on the team.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #37
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

It's weird. I'm in the same boat. Middle in Homer's, 247avg. I can get guys on, but I cant score them. Very frustrating.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
I'm sorry everyone. I'm sorry countryboy. I didn't want it to go this far, but I had to do it. I really do apologize.

While I don't/didn't appreciate how this happened, I accept your apology and apologize for the trash comment as well as the kissing my behind comment, both of which I have deleted.

I recently had surgery and the pain meds are making me easily annoyed and heated and I should've used better judgment and responses in those situations than what I did.

In any event, let's move on from the ugliness and back to discussion.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

what's funny for me is, the time's I start showing patience in an appearance is when I fall down 0-2. I mean, you gotta protect the plate but this is when I start expecting pitches to be well outside the zone. I obviously dont draw walks (many, I have drawn a few) when down 0-2, and I will occasionally go down looking (embarrassing) but when I'm 0-2 I really start waiting for a decent pitch to hit. I dont recommend intentionally falling that far behind but for me I do seem to concentrate better, for the most part

A Work in Progress
Old 07-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #40
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
what's funny for me is, the time's I start showing patience in an appearance is when I fall down 0-2. I mean, you gotta protect the plate but this is when I start expecting pitches to be well outside the zone. I obviously dont draw walks (many, I have drawn a few) when down 0-2, and I will occasionally go down looking (embarrassing) but when I'm 0-2 I really start waiting for a decent pitch to hit. I dont recommend intentionally falling that far behind but for me I do seem to concentrate better, for the most part
Interestingly, a large proportion of my walks start 0-2 and more generally from a position where I fall behind in the count. I'll have AB's where I focus on a part of the plate (depending on the hitter), where I refuse to swing at anything on the edges or where I know the pitcher is going to pitch around me (they do it to Bellinger quite a lot) but whatever the reason I concur with your comment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »