Home

MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe, GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary & MVP Editions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe, GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary & MVP Editions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #49
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
We are in the Fortnite era of sports gaming.

But with that being said....IMO The Show still plays a fantastic game offline for me personally. I love it. I enjoy the hell out of it.

I want improvements like everyone else. Hopefully we get some meaningful franchise mode upgrades and more importantly AI logic. But I am not raising my expectations. At this point based on history....I have tempered my expectations in that regard. But where my expectations are never lowered is the consistent improvement to gameplay. And they have delivered in that regard for me personally. Not everyone will agree with that.....but I really don't care. I only care what I think.

I am playing 19 hardcore. I have played every single release starting with 09 year round. Nothing has changed in that regard. And that is a testament to how great of a sports game The Show is. The franchise improvements have been small compared to the innovative improvements of their main modes, which is Diamond Dynasty and RTTS.

That is what the kids play gentlemen. It is what it is.
Armor, I'm sure you posted many times before, but (just curious) what's your game mode of choice for MLBTS?
Old 10-28-2019, 01:39 PM   #50
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbekoscke
Armor, I'm sure you posted many times before, but (just curious) what's your game mode of choice for MLBTS?

It has and always will be Franchise mode.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-28-2019, 05:33 PM   #51
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
We are in the Fortnite era of sports gaming.

But with that being said....IMO The Show still plays a fantastic game offline for me personally. I love it. I enjoy the hell out of it.

I want improvements like everyone else. Hopefully we get some meaningful franchise mode upgrades and more importantly AI logic. But I am not raising my expectations. At this point based on history....I have tempered my expectations in that regard. But where my expectations are never lowered is the consistent improvement to gameplay. And they have delivered in that regard for me personally. Not everyone will agree with that.....but I really don't care. I only care what I think.

I am playing 19 hardcore. I have played every single release starting with 09 year round. Nothing has changed in that regard. And that is a testament to how great of a sports game The Show is. The franchise improvements have been small compared to the innovative improvements of their main modes, which is Diamond Dynasty and RTTS.

That is what the kids play gentlemen. It is what it is.
I agree with everything you say. I’ve played more of this game year round than probably 90% of those here playing the game and continue to spend most of my gaming time with it. What I won’t do however is pay for the same game next year that I already have now and in the absence of some big franchise updates, that is what the game would be to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 06:48 PM   #52
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I agree with everything you say. I’ve played more of this game year round than probably 90% of those here playing the game and continue to spend most of my gaming time with it. What I won’t do however is pay for the same game next year that I already have now and in the absence of some big franchise updates, that is what the game would be to me.

I can’t disagree with that sentiment. Everyone can do whatever they want with their own hard earned money.

I hope they do some meaningful updates to franchise. But with PS5 coming 2020 Christmas.....doubtful.

Curious to see if The Show 21 follows the port that was 14 when they first moved to PS4.

The Show was what got me to be an early adopter of the PS4 however if The Show 21 is a nothing more than a port I may delay getting a PS5.

Remains to be seen.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-29-2019, 12:27 PM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Really simple request.

Allow for rotating inter-league schedules.

I am not asking for much here. I love carry over franchise.....but I wait to carry over to the next iteration (I save it in December). Only because I want the rotating inter-league schedule.

Yeah its that important. Keeps franchise fresh when doing multi year franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #54
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Really simple request.

I am not asking for much here. I love carry over franchise.....but I wait to carry over to the next iteration (I save it in December). Only because I want the rotating inter-league schedule.

I’d buy the most expensive addition if it came with that feature. It shouldn’t been implemented at least 15 years ago.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #55
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Really simple request.

Technical issues from what I remember is the issue that has prevented this from happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #56
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

Quote:
Really simple request.

Armor, since you probably qualify as a franchise expert here (they are many others I'm sure), have you or do you notice any issues/errors while resuming or carrying over a franchise year after year with each new iteration of The Show?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »