Home

MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Details Revealed, Along with Twitch Livestream Schedule Dates

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Details Revealed, Along with Twitch Livestream Schedule Dates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #81
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Details Revealed, Along with Twitch Livestream Schedu

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No...actually it doesn't.

If they were to include franchise mode or RTTS the download would be massive to be able to include all of the resources/content needed to be able to use those modes. It would require more time and effort to make available a BETA to the public.

The BETA is strictly for feedback on the 4 things mentioned above.

I think it could also be a practical move too. I ‘believe’ SDS is able to make server side gameplay tuning changes for DD, so they can tune during the beta based on feedback vs doing a patch like for offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Details Revealed, Along with Twitch Livestream Schedu

Quote:
No...actually it doesn't.

If they were to include franchise mode or RTTS the download would be massive to be able to include all of the resources/content needed to be able to use those modes. It would require more time and effort to make available a BETA to the public.

The BETA is strictly for feedback on the 4 things mentioned above.
Then why not just have the beta include one User vs. CPU mode and not an actual DD mode?
Old 01-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #83
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Then why not just have the beta include one User vs. CPU mode and not an actual DD mode?
It includes other modes besides DD

* Events
* Battle Royale
* Online vs Friends
* DD vs CPU

My guess is they wanted to provide some substance to the BETA to keep the community engaged to keep playing so they can obtain as much feedback as possible.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-15-2020, 01:37 PM   #84
Banned

Quote:

* Events

* Battle Royale

* Online vs Friends

* DD vs CPU

My guess is they wanted to provide some substance to the BETA to keep the community engaged to keep playing so they can obtain as much feedback as possible.
Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #85
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Being very clear....I'm speaking in generalities about DD, this is not a Beta-specific point.

It is VERY easy to put together lineups in DD with players rated in-line with what you'd see in franchise (i.e. just use guys without any ratings above 99 - some can go up to 125 on DD). From there, playing vs CPU lineups (which will be the current-day team) gets you pretty darn close to franchise style gameplay.

That is how I tested during last year's Alpha. Much like how people over-adjust sliders and adversely imbalance gameplay in odd ways, I think the inflated ratings of many DD cards cause some weird effects. I try to bypass that potential imbalance and assess based on more appropriately rated players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2020, 04:30 PM   #86
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:

* Events
* Battle Royale
* Online vs Friends
* DD vs CPU

Those are all DD modes aren't they? Or is online v friends using real teams instead of your DD team?
Old 01-15-2020, 04:33 PM   #87
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Being very clear....I'm speaking in generalities about DD, this is not a Beta-specific point.

It is VERY easy to put together lineups in DD with players rated in-line with what you'd see in franchise (i.e. just use guys without any ratings above 99 - some can go up to 125 on DD). From there, playing vs CPU lineups (which will be the current-day team) gets you pretty darn close to franchise style gameplay.

That is how I tested during last year's Alpha. Much like how people over-adjust sliders and adversely imbalance gameplay in odd ways, I think the inflated ratings of many DD cards cause some weird effects. I try to bypass that potential imbalance and assess based on more appropriately rated players.
That's not actually true though I'm pretty sure, speaking as someone who plays DD and franchise a lot. The gameplay isn't the same in the two modes even if you have the same players, they have previously said that they adjusted DD gameplay to factor in the higher rated cards, so a 70 power DD card doesn't play like a 70 power player in franchise.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:18 PM   #88
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Those are all DD modes aren't they? Or is online v friends using real teams instead of your DD team?

I guess they are

No matter if they are or not the premise is still that the focus of the BETA is gameplay not game modes.

They have 4 primary areas of focus

HITTING
PITCHING
FIELDING
USER INTERFACE

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »