Home

Looking for that pitching "sweet spot"

This is a discussion on Looking for that pitching "sweet spot" within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2020, 06:10 PM   #25
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Looking for that pitching "sweet spot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm obviously not a dev (though I believe they may have chimed-in on this years ago), but from what I've seen, there IS some skill to it but it is more mental. There is a ~1 second period between the button press and when the controller will rumble for max effort.

When you release the button essentially replicates the pitcher's arm velocity. So, longer presses (within that 1 sec window) mean more velo, less accuracy, and tighter breaking pitches. Shorter presses are the opposite (less velo, better accuracy, and loopier breaking pitches). Ratings factor in mightily here on the final outcome....but you DO have some say in how he throws the pitch.

You can literally throw different versions of the same pitch by varying it....mimicking a real life pitcher's ability to "add" or "subtract" from his pitches. Knowing how to properly sequence these pitches and understanding your pitcher's ability is the key part of classic pitching.

It's a really fun interface to use because it removes the 'video game skills' from the equation and replaces them with 'knowledge skills'.
Great explanation of "classic" pitching.I've pretty much been using meter until this year when I've switched to analog and I'm really enjoying it .Being of a certain age(GET OFF MY LAWN)I am sure I don't have any mad gamer skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2020, 08:51 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Looking for that pitching "sweet spot"

personally, I love Dynamic Difficulty though I'm aware it isnt for everyone. if you feel like you're dominating too much, every 3 innings rotate between meter pitching, pulse pitching, classic pitching and analog pitching.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »