Home

MLB The Show 20 Preview: Franchise Mode, Real Minor League Rosters and Road to the Show Twitch Stream Highlights

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Preview: Franchise Mode, Real Minor League Rosters and Road to the Show Twitch Stream Highlights within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #49
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 20 Preview: Franchise Mode, Real Minor League Rosters and Road to th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorphinrush3000
In the stream did they not say you had to go through one season before rebranding? then have to export the team? if so it will be a long workaround and really be annoying.

Basically youd have to start a season control all the teams, have trades and injuries off, then rebrand and export a bunch of teams, THAN restart a franchise?

am I wrong?

if this is the case thats some lazy work/ bad prioritzing on SDS
Nah, you can also do it at the start. I think the offseason aspect is more in there for people who are importing franchises from prior versions of the game.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Preview: Franchise Mode, Real Minor League Rosters and Road to th

I wonder if youre able to modify existing team logos. I doubt it but would be nice to change things.
It would be cool to for example change the rockies from purple to green white and black without having to hunt down logos in the vault
Old 02-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #51
Rookie

I think the comparison to OOTP was a huge stretch. In OOTP I can play any historic season, with actual rosters, in the actual ballparks. The way I read this with The Show you can do all but 3 of those. Also you can rebrand all 30 teams but you cannot have a league of say 16 teams, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2020, 05:15 PM   #52
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
I think the comparison to OOTP was a huge stretch. In OOTP I can play any historic season, with actual rosters, in the actual ballparks. The way I read this with The Show you can do all but 3 of those. Also you can rebrand all 30 teams but you cannot have a league of say 16 teams, right?
I mean something can be OOTP-like without being exactly as deep. The point is you can create some fictionalized leagues etc. if you want now. And yeah I think you'll still need 30 teams.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
You guys don't consider franchise relocation and full minor league rosters as major additions to franchise mode? Boy, tough crowd.
I'm especially thrilled with the default roster having real minor leaguers. I dont go beyond one season but it bothered me in the past if the minors weren't the real deal, and I dislike delaying my franchise by even 1 day. I'm still a tough crowd, but this was the best news since carry-over saves became a reality. I also like the rebranding aspect but for me, it falls into the ''little things'' that make the Show great. Now my 1 remaining personal big item wish also falls into the little things: editable coach manager and umpire names. give me that and I'm taking an early retirement to play the Show 24-7.

A Work in Progress
Old 02-14-2020, 06:18 PM   #54
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsites52
Woof. You franchise cats are a tough crowd. I would say some of you have a fandom verging on (and some cases going full) toxic. Firstly, none of you have your hands on the actual game yet, so no sense getting butthurt a month ahead of time. And I get being irked over small stuff. The Harrisburg Senators are my hometown team and while nearly every other team in the Eastern League have undergone updates, mostly through rebranding, The Sens stay largely unchanged. The problem is, you're asking them to sink time, money and resources into a mode that does not not yield perpetual returns, Unlike DD and RTTS.*
A crowd that has tolerated one of the games most important modes being effectively unchanged every year for the last five could hardly be characterised as “tough”.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:28 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
A crowd that has tolerated one of the games most important modes being effectively unchanged every year for the last five could hardly be characterised as “tough”.
''neglected'' might be a more apt characterisation, which lead to the ''toughening''.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #56
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I know, sometimes SDS deserves all ‘chise players boycott the game and be quiet on supporting the game here so they realize how this base is influencing lot of new gamers to join the party.

But hey, I believe ‘chise players are the most passionate of all MLBTS gamers and we’ll buy it again as every year since MLB06 & run our franchise like crazy :-) Me the first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »