Home

Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2020, 02:26 AM   #249
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

Currently going into year one of my Ray's franchise and all spring training Oliver Drake has been underperforming and with the bullpen as a whole not the greatest (based on the TrueSim rosters I downloaded) Im considering making some moves before the season begins. Now I don't make many trades but looking at the Rangers bullpen they have a few guys I'm interested in. So for reference, Drake is currently a 66 overall, A potential and to get a combination of Rafael Montero (74 overall) and Luis Gracia (72 overall) who are both B potential that's all they want. I'm shocked as I don't think that's a fair trade at all but thought I'd run this one by your guys. They were also winning to give me Garcia and Juan Nicasio (70 overall) for Drake as well. May just throw in some nobody prospects to get either trade done but again just want to know what it would really take to make either trade go through realistically.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #250
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
Currently going into year one of my Ray's franchise and all spring training Oliver Drake has been underperforming and with the bullpen as a whole not the greatest (based on the TrueSim rosters I downloaded) Im considering making some moves before the season begins. Now I don't make many trades but looking at the Rangers bullpen they have a few guys I'm interested in. So for reference, Drake is currently a 66 overall, A potential and to get a combination of Rafael Montero (74 overall) and Luis Gracia (72 overall) who are both B potential that's all they want. I'm shocked as I don't think that's a fair trade at all but thought I'd run this one by your guys. They were also winning to give me Garcia and Juan Nicasio (70 overall) for Drake as well. May just throw in some nobody prospects to get either trade done but again just want to know what it would really take to make either trade go through realistically.

Interesting, drake is dominant it mine. I知 trying to make the bullpen lights out and am looking at Serathony Dominguez...

He is currently Closing for the Phillies with a plus 4 era, what would it take to get him?

The Phillies are in the hunt so I guess it would need to be a decent package

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2050059837
Old 04-13-2020, 10:50 AM   #251
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Need some help deciding a trade proposal so here痴 my background:
Using RidinRosters... 2020 season nearing end of April

I知 sitting at 19-6 as Atlanta. Good for 4 games up in the NL East. The Braves are a solid squad this year, and through 25 games my pitching has been superb. My Team ERA is sitting just below the 3.00 mark. Offensively, we started off pretty slow, only scoring over 4 runs in a game once through 10 games. Luckily, we致e since picked it up.

The problem lies within the bottom of my lineup. My guys down there have been a little below serviceable level with the exception of a guy or two. I知 looking to upgrade my RF spot as right now I知 platooning Adam Duvall and Ender Inciarte who are doing fine as a platoon. However, I want another guy who can put some runs on the board with one swing.

Here痴 what I知 thinking.. I trade for an OF that has some years of control, and most likely let Ozuna walk this offseason since he値l be asking for above a Qualifying Offer I知 sure.
Then by next year I should have an outfield of Acuna, Trade Aquiree, Pache/Waters

The player I知 looking into most at the moment is Kyle Schwarber. 26 YO, 1 yr/7m contract. Roughly 2 years of control left.

Being it痴 only nearing May, I won稚 give player stats thus far since it痴 such a small sample size.

I mocked up a trade on Baseball Trade Values and this is what I got

I知 thinking I may need to add one more guy in to make it totally fair. Some background on the two guys there look like this :
Muller: High Velo 22 YO Minors SP Career 3.03 ERA 9.3 K/9 also an outstanding 0.5 HR/9
Trey Harris: 24 YO Minors OF Career BA. .317/.366 Last year| .876 OPS (Also edited his potential Pre-Franchise from C to a B-)

Again, I feel like I need one more guy in here to make it a fair deal. I知 thinking maybe Ynoa or Tarnok.

Using the Player Value formula(if I did it right), Schwarber is sitting at a 9.4M value which I find low I believe.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #252
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
Need some help deciding a trade proposal so here痴 my background:
Using RidinRosters... 2020 season nearing end of April

I知 sitting at 19-6 as Atlanta. Good for 4 games up in the NL East. The Braves are a solid squad this year, and through 25 games my pitching has been superb. My Team ERA is sitting just below the 3.00 mark. Offensively, we started off pretty slow, only scoring over 4 runs in a game once through 10 games. Luckily, we致e since picked it up.

The problem lies within the bottom of my lineup. My guys down there have been a little below serviceable level with the exception of a guy or two. I知 looking to upgrade my RF spot as right now I知 platooning Adam Duvall and Ender Inciarte who are doing fine as a platoon. However, I want another guy who can put some runs on the board with one swing.

Here痴 what I知 thinking.. I trade for an OF that has some years of control, and most likely let Ozuna walk this offseason since he値l be asking for above a Qualifying Offer I知 sure.
Then by next year I should have an outfield of Acuna, Trade Aquiree, Pache/Waters

The player I知 looking into most at the moment is Kyle Schwarber. 26 YO, 1 yr/7m contract. Roughly 2 years of control left.

Being it痴 only nearing May, I won稚 give player stats thus far since it痴 such a small sample size.

I mocked up a trade on Baseball Trade Values and this is what I got

I知 thinking I may need to add one more guy in to make it totally fair. Some background on the two guys there look like this :
Muller: High Velo 22 YO Minors SP Career 3.03 ERA 9.3 K/9 also an outstanding 0.5 HR/9
Trey Harris: 24 YO Minors OF Career BA. .317/.366 Last year| .876 OPS (Also edited his potential Pre-Franchise from C to a B-)

Again, I feel like I need one more guy in here to make it a fair deal. I知 thinking maybe Ynoa or Tarnok.

Using the Player Value formula(if I did it right), Schwarber is sitting at a 9.4M value which I find low I believe.

Thoughts?

I just traded for schwarber and gave SP Oviedo, 1B Bauers and SP Logan Allen. On the game Allen and Oviedo are A prospects and bauers is a B. Game said I gave too much. I知 curious to the response you get on yours. That値l help me gauge mine

Old 04-13-2020, 11:28 AM   #253
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishBaseball
Interesting, drake is dominant it mine. I知 trying to make the bullpen lights out and am looking at Serathony Dominguez...

He is currently Closing for the Phillies with a plus 4 era, what would it take to get him?

The Phillies are in the hunt so I guess it would need to be a decent package

Just found out about this site and it seems as if Drake is very valuable lol. Doesn't seem to translate to the game for me so I may end up making this trade after all.Screenshot_20200413-112747.jpeg

Old 04-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #254
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

What would it take to get Jesse winker from the reds to the Indians? His in game value seems very low

Last edited by Rmiok222; 04-13-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #255
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I just traded for schwarber and gave SP Oviedo, 1B Bauers and SP Logan Allen. On the game Allen and Oviedo are A prospects and bauers is a B. Game said I gave too much. I知 curious to the response you get on yours. That値l help me gauge mine

Interesting. I知 using force trades so I can undo any dumb trades the CPU may make. So if I get a good answer here I値l make that trade regardless of The Show痴 interest meter.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #256
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
Interesting. I知 using force trades so I can undo any dumb trades the CPU may make. So if I get a good answer here I値l make that trade regardless of The Show痴 interest meter.

That痴 how I do things too actually

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »