Home

I am a franchise player and I like Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on I am a franchise player and I like Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2020, 10:13 PM   #9
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I am a franchise player and I like Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNity
I try to play dd every year but it's not that fun for me. I absolutely hate how you can't have but the same few fonts for jerseys, and most of them are silly. I want something clean and cool. It ruins the mode for me. Legends are cool to see but the mode has already gotten boring for me again.

Also the whole thing is a mind confusion for me. I can never get a grasp on what the heck is going on and what I need to do or what I even want to do lol. I think I'm just too old, but I gave it a good go
I honestly recommend going to the logo vault and see what you can find. I think my uniforms look fairly realistic and one of the reasons I got so into it, loved the way the team turned out. (Sorry for the quality)

Old 03-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #10
Rookie

JahCreations's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m a franchise mode guy and last year got but by the DD big. I think just the card collecting and opening packs feeds that inner 80’s-90’s kid in me of those cardboard crack days. I also enjoy the challenge modes and really like the challenge of the showdown mode this year. That being said I rarely play real people with my DD team cuz feel I can never make a team that can compete without spending real dough or putting in time I ain’t got these days. I always go back to franchise once the real season starts but this year with the season being delayed for who knows how long I might actually build a solid team and play DD a lot longer than I planned.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #11
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0

I usually dabble in DD every year. I don’t play online and I’m not a fan of moments but I like to jump in and play a game or two of conquest after a franchise game.

Opening packs is fun and unlocking legends is enjoyable but still doesn’t compare to the satisfaction I get from playing and competing in my franchise save.

Showdown is pretty fun even though you are only playing moments with your drafted team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2020, 10:57 PM   #12
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5

Frankly, I have given up hope at this point in seeing improvements and/or much needed fixes to the Franchise mode. Which I have come to terms with. I can play Out of the Park Baseball for franchise stuff. Which I typically put between 500 and 1000 hours in on each yearly release just with my franchise stuff.

On the other hand I do enjoy a lot of the Diamond Dynasty stuff, for most of the same reasons as TheBleedingRed21. It's fun to collect stuff, and build a team. I also rarely touch any of the online game modes, but the offline DD stuff is fun for me.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:33 PM   #13
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I am also a franchise only player. But with the rosters a hot mess out of the gate I am really liking Showdown. I do conquest every now and then too.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 03-16-2020, 11:47 PM   #14
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Careful, more posts like these and I'll put the DD sub-forum back in the main part of the forum!

(But no, this is cool, I like seeing people spread their wings. There should be enough out there for all of us without having to tear down other modes out of frustration.)
Old 03-16-2020, 11:47 PM   #15
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

So for offline, is it just conquest and moments??

Conquest is confusing as hell. I have no idea what's going on and I've watched the tutorial lol. I don't get what your supposed to do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2020, 12:16 AM   #16
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

See for me I've always been a career mode player or franchise player of some sort. Never really been into my team, mut or any other games similar modes.

In 2017 I hopped into DD for a brief stint and it was super fun. I just got bogged down by work and being an amateur football player didnt have much time.

Last year was unbelievable from a work standpoint I made the most money in my short lived life but also was working upwards 75 hours a week.

2020 I'm having a blast with DD I love all the moment scenarios and mini challenges. Not really a fan of conquest.. as one mentioned the CPU does not abide by the restrictions it makes the user go through. So with that being said the single player features and card collects & daily challenges make it immersive.

I'll definitely have a regular chise and a relocated chise. But DD impresses me with just how many task & achievements there are. I just wish I was better at flipping stubs like some of these YouTube guys.. i have my starting balance and that's pretty much it i refuse to add it up with microtransactions all season.

Only nba 2k gor that type of love and that was even years ago.

But DD is cool I really enjoy it and think it's only improved each year since mlbts 17

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »