Home

Guess on The Show 21 info

This is a discussion on Guess on The Show 21 info within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #41
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Guess on The Show 21 info

via GIPHY

Old 01-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #42
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Not even knowing what consoles/platforms the game will be on is a bit odd, you'd think they'd let people know that by now. That seems pretty basic but incredibly helpful information to have out there
Old 01-01-2021, 03:12 PM   #43
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Whenever it is, just expect it to be the usually Diamond Dynasty extravaganza showcase.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:01 PM   #44
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

It depends on what kind of info you're asking for. If it's regarding a cover athlete, I'm sure we can still expect something "after the Super Bowl," if that's the most popular time we hear about things like this (I personally have no idea).

As far as PS5 info goes, you're probably going to have to wait a while. MLB 14: The Show came out on May 6th for PS4, whereas its PS3/Vita counterpart came out April 1st. I don't remember how the info rolled out, but I'm pretty sure they're going to want to get as many PS4 sales as possible first before showing the current-gen stuff, plus the fact that they're probably working on it right now (and COVID may have made a staggering impact as well). COVID-19 also probably has a heavy impact on the way they do their general marketing, too.

Though when the PS5 info comes out, the last thing I want to hear is "Feature parity." I am really, really hoping that this game was rebuilt. This still feels like it's on the PS2 engine (or at the very least still remnants of '08 on PS3) and I feel like part of its evolution has been from the lack of breaking from its old mold. Note that I'm not saying it feels like a PS2 game, I'm just saying that legacy bits of this game stem a bit from one of the positives that came from this brand of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I think it's time for us to get a real sense of next-gen by removing itself from its PS4 counterpart. I hope everything is reworked and nothing is ported over, including cameras (not because I don't like all of the cameras, but just an evidenced bit of knowing just how much we are actually getting from the past games).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-04-2021, 01:40 PM   #45
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

100% agree, Blzer.
While there’s many things I love about TS as is, I’d love for them to take the generation (and multi platform?) jump as an opportunity for a rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #46
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It depends on what kind of info you're asking for. If it's regarding a cover athlete, I'm sure we can still expect something "after the Super Bowl," if that's the most popular time we hear about things like this (I personally have no idea).

As far as PS5 info goes, you're probably going to have to wait a while. MLB 14: The Show came out on May 6th for PS4, whereas its PS3/Vita counterpart came out April 1st. I don't remember how the info rolled out, but I'm pretty sure they're going to want to get as many PS4 sales as possible first before showing the current-gen stuff, plus the fact that they're probably working on it right now (and COVID may have made a staggering impact as well). COVID-19 also probably has a heavy impact on the way they do their general marketing, too.

Though when the PS5 info comes out, the last thing I want to hear is "Feature parity." I am really, really hoping that this game was rebuilt. This still feels like it's on the PS2 engine (or at the very least still remnants of '08 on PS3) and I feel like part of its evolution has been from the lack of breaking from its old mold. Note that I'm not saying it feels like a PS2 game, I'm just saying that legacy bits of this game stem a bit from one of the positives that came from this brand of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I think it's time for us to get a real sense of next-gen by removing itself from its PS4 counterpart. I hope everything is reworked and nothing is ported over, including cameras (not because I don't like all of the cameras, but just an evidenced bit of knowing just how much we are actually getting from the past games).
Speaking of cameras, I always thought it’d be a really cool feature to map out the locations of cameras in the real stadiums. Then for replays and cutscenes only use actual camera angles
Old 01-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #47
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Speaking of cameras, I always thought it’d be a really cool feature to map out the locations of cameras in the real stadiums. Then for replays and cutscenes only use actual camera angles
You and I both.

I wish on manual replays you could re-access the main gameplay camera (which I've only seen before in ESPN Major League Baseball) and in-stadium cameras like those ones.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
MLB 14: The Show came out on May 6th for PS4, whereas its PS3/Vita counterpart came out April 1st. I don't remember how the info rolled out, but I'm pretty sure they're going to want to get as many PS4 sales as possible first before showing the current-gen stuff,
Both cross gen games published by Sony so far have been free cross gen compatibility and I'd bet won't change. So hopefully they don't have a reason to not promote both games simultaneously.

You are right that all the PS2&PS3 animations including stances and wind-ups need to go. They don't cut it anymore and the edit list is so big it's overkill anyways
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »