Home

MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression - Some Details Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression - Some Details Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2021, 03:09 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I listened to Down in the dugout's (Ridin and team) latest podcast, they think PS4 and PS5 versions will be totally different games.

If that is true, man I dont know what to think... That would mean a TON of us would be missing out on what PS5 would be offering.

If legit, I think I absolutely need to find a PS5... Although I wasnt ready to do that yet.
I would believe it. I have a Series X but also kept my One X to put in the bedroom, and I went to pre-order and it said the Series X version was not playable on the One X. Every other game with Series X upgrades I can play on both consoles, and Microsoft said both consoles would be able to play all the same games. Unless Sony made a deal not to allow it, it leads me to believe they might be pretty different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #202
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebot44
I would believe it. I have a Series X but also kept my One X to put in the bedroom, and I went to pre-order and it said the Series X version was not playable on the One X. Every other game with Series X upgrades I can play on both consoles, and Microsoft said both consoles would be able to play all the same games. Unless Sony made a deal not to allow it, it leads me to believe they might be pretty different.
Were you pre-ordering the Jackie Robinson edition or strictly the Series X version? When they announced the JR version, they said to get the next generation update you needed the JR version and that the standard edition on XSX or XB1 wouldn't be playable on one another.
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 02-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #203
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
Were you pre-ordering the Jackie Robinson edition or strictly the Series X version? When they announced the JR version, they said to get the next generation update you needed the JR version and that the standard edition on XSX or XB1 wouldn't be playable on one another.
Yeah, it was the Series X version. I saw where you couldn't play it on both, but that's what I was getting at. All the other games work on both, just toned down on the One X. So this is either a money grab to make people buy the same game twice or there are substantial differences. I'm hoping it's the latter.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:12 PM   #204
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebot44
Yeah, it was the Series X version. I saw where you couldn't play it on both, but that's what I was getting at. All the other games work on both, just toned down on the One X. So this is either a money grab to make people buy the same game twice or there are substantial differences. I'm hoping it's the latter.
might even be possible with Sony's limited time and/or experience with the xbox, they didn't have enough of either to make them compatible. but it would be nice if going next-gen with xbox the differences would be an upgrade

*shrug*

A Work in Progress
Old 02-06-2021, 10:40 PM   #205
MVP

OVR: 3

I think a lot of the people I’m reading are working themselves into hysterics on merely wishful thinking. Are some of you not familiar with MLB the Show ? This series has been carrying stuff over for 15 years now. Animations, franchise mode, gear, commentary, and more. Not one generation, not two generations, but three generations. Spare the “it’s going to be a completely new game” stuff. There’s not even a remote chance of that. Look at what we got with nba 2k21, and Madden 21, and set your expectations no higher than that.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2021, 09:13 AM   #206
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
I think a lot of the people I’m reading are working themselves into hysterics on merely wishful thinking. Are some of you not familiar with MLB the Show ? This series has been carrying stuff over for 15 years now. Animations, franchise mode, gear, commentary, and more. Not one generation, not two generations, but three generations. Spare the “it’s going to be a completely new game” stuff. There’s not even a remote chance of that. Look at what we got with nba 2k21, and Madden 21, and set your expectations no higher than that.
Although nba2k has multiple bugs they did attempt a new franchise experience with mynba.

Although Madden shipped with limited improvements to franchise, after the whole Twitter storm about make franchise better, there have been 2 patches that address improvements and additions to the mode.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2021, 10:04 AM   #207
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Weirdly, I think the Series S will run the Xbox One version of the game instead of the Series X version? At least that's what it looks like in the market place? It's advertised on the main screen on mine and asks you to pre-order the 49.99 version?
Old 02-11-2021, 09:41 PM   #208
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Hope so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMcNulty11
Has anyone from from Sony actually said that roster imports from previous years are even gone? Year-to-year franchise/RTTS files aren't the same as roster/slider sets. Maybe there's hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »