Home

MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2021, 10:25 PM   #145
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Watch there be no videos or articles this week, just the stream on Thursday... Would just be our luck since it's Franchise week.
They asked for franchise questions back in February so a Q&A video seems pretty likely tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2021, 10:44 PM   #146
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
They asked for franchise questions back in February so a Q&A video seems pretty likely tomorrow.

I hope so! We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-30-2021, 05:34 AM   #147
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Madden as the benchmark for a progression system?!?!? Madden has the worst progression system in any sports game ever. Give me OOTP's system where there are unlimited career potentials. 1 year wonders, late bloomers, etc. Any type of career arc you can think of is possible in that game and nothing is given and easy(unless you tune the settings to make it so).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Not the point to start a debate on this here but i strongly disagree i have been playIng online franchise only in madden since 2004.
I actually think the current system is the best they ever had and better than 2k or nhl or tge show currently

I.e
a- You gain xp by performing in game and practices
b- Coach matter in practice through perks
c- You choose which groups get xp by selecting practices
d- your scheme influences practice xp
e- thanks to xp players get progression which you actually understands and can track weekly (i.e it is transparent and user friendly)
f- player progression traits impacts progression (ie not all players get same progression)
g- there is an element of randomness with the points acquired which prevents obvious issues like facing a team with a full 90s bsh front 7

All of that for me seems really good
I mean REALLY good
And i wish it would be used as benchmark for other sports games starting by the show

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 03-30-2021 at 05:36 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:07 AM   #148
Pro

Get ready for editing the organizational depth chart and that’s it. We are in for a let down if we are expecting any of these features. Franchise is clearly not the priority for this game. So many minor details like non roster invitees have been missing for years now, there is no indication based on the direction of this game that franchise will change much from what we have been given these past 5 years..

Hope I’m wrong but let’s talk after Thursday lol
Old 03-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #149
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have plenty of expectations...

1. That MtO will be the focus of this stream with little "oh yeah, we added this to franchise too". I doubt they spend more than 1 min discussing franchise mode and it will be incredibly vague statements like (updated AI or improved interface).
2. That they will reference the "Rewards" for MtO about 5 times (with the "Don't forget to watch our stream in two weeks to find out more")
3. That everything will be geared around making the experience shorter. God forbid that people actually have to play the game
4. That we will not receive an answer about roster share from MLBTS20 until the game actually drops.

Bingo! Winner

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »