Home

Ps5 exclusivity

This is a discussion on Ps5 exclusivity within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Ps5 exclusivity

I haven't logged in for about a year, however this was the kind of thread I was looking for. I'm one of those that pretty much only bought the Ps3, Ps4, for MLBTShow over the years. Now with this game avail on both PS and XB platforms, I can go either way (never owned any XB)... just curious would anyone go XB during this generation, or just stick w/ SONY PS.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:47 AM   #18
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
I haven't logged in for about a year, however this was the kind of thread I was looking for. I'm one of those that pretty much only bought the Ps3, Ps4, for MLBTShow over the years. Now with this game avail on both PS and XB platforms, I can go either way (never owned any XB)... just curious would anyone go XB during this generation, or just stick w/ SONY PS.

I’m still deciding but I might go Xbox with 21. Since I can’t continue my franchise on 21 I’m just going to keep going with 20 on PS. I don’t have a PS5 yet but have a Series S and may just start fresh with 21 on Xbox. We shall see...
Old 03-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #19
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
I have both systems, and I really don't wanna buy on both, but man this has still been hard for me to decided what system to get for. The haptic controls really mean nothing to me.
If you buy the Jackie Robinson version or above I think you get dual entitlement which should allow you to play both versions.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:52 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I doubt the Xbox version will have the 3D audio either. Sony uses its own system for 3D audio, and Xbox uses either Dolby Atmos or DTS X. I have the Series X version preordered and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it has 3D audio, but I’m not expecting it.
I will take Dolby Atmos all day over 3D Audio that only works on headphones currently for ps5

on my samsung dolby atmos sound bar I can enjoy dolby atmos sound with the show on series x
Old 03-24-2021, 11:07 AM   #21
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
If you buy the Jackie Robinson version or above I think you get dual entitlement which should allow you to play both versions.
I looked it up, wish it was that easy LOL. "dual entitlement" Means if you buy the Jackie Robinson 84.99 or 99.99 version, you get the PS4/PS5 and or Xbox one X/XSX versions.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2021, 02:13 PM   #22
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I will take Dolby Atmos all day over 3D Audio that only works on headphones currently for ps5

on my samsung dolby atmos sound bar I can enjoy dolby atmos sound with the show on series x
I agree that Atmos is better than PS’s 3D audio. I have an Atmos home theater system. What I’m saying is that I’m assuming the 3D audio San Diego Studios is advertising is Sony’s Tempest system and they are not coding an Atmos version for Xbox. If that’s the case, you won’t get Atmos sound even if you have hardware capable of it. I’d love to be wrong and we get some type of spatial audio on Xbox, whether it’s Atmos or DTS:X, but I wouldn’t count on that being the case.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #23
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
I looked it up, wish it was that easy LOL. "dual entitlement" Means if you buy the Jackie Robinson 84.99 or 99.99 version, you get the PS4/PS5 and or Xbox one X/XSX versions.
My mistake. I missed that you said cross platform. I would not expect there to be a way to buy both for one price.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:18 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I agree that Atmos is better than PS’s 3D audio. I have an Atmos home theater system. What I’m saying is that I’m assuming the 3D audio San Diego Studios is advertising is Sony’s Tempest system and they are not coding an Atmos version for Xbox. If that’s the case, you won’t get Atmos sound even if you have hardware capable of it. I’d love to be wrong and we get some type of spatial audio on Xbox, whether it’s Atmos or DTS:X, but I wouldn’t count on that being the case.
Am sure the series X will not get dolby atmos for the show but you can still do dolby atmos from the system which is not the exact same as native from the game but is still better then 3d audio on headphones which is virtual compared to actual speaker placement

my dolby atmos soundbar when i set the xbox to dolby atmos i can play any game even if it does not offer dolby with proper positional audio which still sounds amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »