Home

Help Navigating New RTTS

This is a discussion on Help Navigating New RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2021, 11:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Forces Two Way Player?

I’m almost to the AA All star game and my player has dominated yet only leveled up to a whopping 58, progression via training is completely nerfed.

The load outs make no damn sense, select the pitcher load out for games I start and that makes my batting worse? Like Ohtani sucks at hitting on days he pitches?
Old 04-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #10
Rookie

So it looks like on the main page, if you use square to select more options, you might be able to load multiple RTTS files? Like you could have one that is a loadout with your slugging first baseman and one that is a loadout with your pitcher? Or am I completely doing this wrong?

Am I the only one that just misses loading up RTTS, picking all the details for your player, going through the initial scouting with your player, and then getting drafted (or picking your team)? It seems like they've complicated things for the sake of complicating things.

It might not be as bad as I thought if there are multiple saves allowed, but we'll see how this works out
Old 04-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #11
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyHay822
So it looks like on the main page, if you use square to select more options, you might be able to load multiple RTTS files? Like you could have one that is a loadout with your slugging first baseman and one that is a loadout with your pitcher? Or am I completely doing this wrong?

Am I the only one that just misses loading up RTTS, picking all the details for your player, going through the initial scouting with your player, and then getting drafted (or picking your team)? It seems like they've complicated things for the sake of complicating things.

It might not be as bad as I thought if there are multiple saves allowed, but we'll see how this works out
I haven't tested yet, but according to the link in the first post, you can have multiple saves, but you can't change the look/feel of each since they are all tied to your DD Ballplayer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2021, 11:49 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I haven't tested yet, but according to the link in the first post, you can have multiple saves, but you can't change the look/feel of each since they are all tied to your DD Ballplayer.
Gotcha....so that power slugging player you created to play first base for a team that needs a big hitter (you know, the 6'4", 235 lbs slugger) is the same body type that you'd have to play when you create a speedy centerfielder or a starting pitcher? That kind of stinks.

It'll make one RTTS player decent, but I don't want my speedy base stealing center fielder to look like my slugging first baseman
Old 04-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #13
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I just don't understand why they would remove RttS and it's options. They basically nerfed most aspects of RttS so it can fit into DD.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:21 PM   #14
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj102404
I’m almost to the AA All star game and my player has dominated yet only leveled up to a whopping 58, progression via training is completely nerfed.

The load outs make no damn sense, select the pitcher load out for games I start and that makes my batting worse? Like Ohtani sucks at hitting on days he pitches?
I don't know if it was this forum or others or maybe all of them that I complained about what we saw in the RTTS stream. I saw the writing on the wall and when I saw the perk packs I predicted that their would be tiered perks and they would be randomized in packs so that SDS could funnel RTTS players to the marketplace to spend their stubs for more than just equipment.

I hate that I was right.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Is this why my pitcher has no velocity? I just want to have a pitcher that starts with crazy velocity and is a bit wild, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to manage this.

I would love to try the 2-way player but until RTTS lets me use the traditional fielding view and mechanics, and not the behind-the-back with some backward, move the reticle throwing, I am not interested.

Am I doing something wrong or not seeing an option for either of these things to happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #16
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingvader78
Is this why my pitcher has no velocity? I just want to have a pitcher that starts with crazy velocity and is a bit wild, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to manage this.

I would love to try the 2-way player but until RTTS lets me use the traditional fielding view and mechanics, and not the behind-the-back with some backward, move the reticle throwing, I am not interested.

Am I doing something wrong or not seeing an option for either of these things to happen?
I think I saw a setting in mode specific settings that may let you change from the Showtime throwing interface.

I doubt that you can go to the tradition fielding view like it is in franchise or DD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »