Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2021, 08:34 AM   #1089
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

Cardinals take 3 of 4 from Dodgers thanks to excellent pitching

The Cardinals (24-19) took 3 out of 4 from the Dodgers in Busch Stadium to begin the week and are now 3 games behind the Reds for the NL Central division lead.

Pitching was the catalyst for this series win allowing a total of 8 runs in the 4 game series, with 6 of those coming on Tuesday night, the only game the Dodgers won. 6 of those runs came from a grand slam off the bat of Corey Seager.

The Cardinals would win the other 3 games 4-0, 7-1, and 3-1 on Thursday's afternoon get away day game.

The most dominant performance belonged to Carlos Martinez on Monday when he went 7 innings allowing 3 hits, 1 walk and struck out a season high 14. Martinez was pulled because he eclipsed 120 pitches after 7 innings.

The offense was sparked by Tommy Edman and Brandon Nimmo, each who collected 6 hits in the series despite playing in only 3 games with 3 of Nimmo's hits being homeruns. Edman collected two triples in his 6 hits.

The Cardinals will welcome the Cubs to town this weekend for a 3 game series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-28-2021, 01:43 AM   #1090
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

OVR: 0

2022 Baltimore Orioles 05/10-05/12

Overall Record:15-17 (3RD AL East)

Game Results

05/10
Orioles-3
Indians-6

05/11
Orioles-4
Indians-3

05/12
Orioles-3
Indians-2

Baltimore takes series Vs. Indians in 2021 ALDS rematch

The Cleveland Indians beat the Baltimore Orioles in the 2021 ALDS 3 games to 2. But in 2021, atleast thus far, Baltimore holds the advantage after taking two of three in Baltimore to win their second series in a row.

After that ALDS, the Indians went onto win the world series but like the Orioles, have started off 2022 on the wrong foot (11-21).

In this series, Rio Ruiz continued his hot streak as he had a homerun in each game. The three homeruns brought his season total to nine. Seven of those nine have come in May in just the first twelve days of the month.

The Orioles will now go back on the road as they travel to Toronto for a four game series with the division rival Blue Jays (12-19).
Old 10-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #1091
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Cardinals sweep Cubs in St.Louis

The Cardinals (27-19) swept their rival Cubs over the weekend in St.Louis and have now extended their winning streak to 5 games.

The Cardinals pitching was extraordinary in this series as the Cardinals allowed just one run the entire series. The offense wasn't much better until Sunday, as the Cards won 1-0 on both Friday and Saturday night, before scoring 6 on Sunday to win 6-1 over the Cubs.

Carlos Martinez continues to have a bounce back season as while he didn't earn the victory Saturday night, went 7 innings of 2 hit ball with 1 walk and 12 strikeouts. Martinez has an ERA now of 1.92 and a WHIP just over 1 (1.01) thus far this year, but unfortunately has been let down by the offense as he's just 1-0 on the year.

The Cardinals will head to New York after an off day Monday to face the Mets for a 3 game mid-week series.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2021, 11:47 AM   #1092
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Going to start a play-every-game dynasty with the Cardinals for 2022. I'm a sucker for realism and made some offseason changes I want to make sure seem kosher...

The Cards have a good amount of room to sign some strong talent, so I went out and grabbed Trevor Story to take over SS, Marcus Semien to take over 2B, Noah Syndergaard & Max Scherzer for the rotation, and Dellin Bettances for the pen.

From a non-monetary standpoint, I could see Story reuniting with Arenado on the left side of the infield, plus, Scherzer coming home to STL. These two moves make sense to me. From a dollar perspective, I went with 5 years 120m to Story and 2 years 30m to Scherzer. A little low for Mad Max, but I digress.

Marcus Semien has the desire to play SS, but I do not see anyone giving him the reigns at 31. He is a mature player who I think could appreciate a mature organization like the Cards, so I gave him a 5 year deal worth a little over 150m.

Noah was a bit of a stretch, but his injury riddled career needs a new org, not the mess of the Mets. I went 5 years and 146m which I think is pretty reasonable at nearly 30m per year.

Thoughts?

Last edited by saintrules; 10-30-2021 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:07 PM   #1093
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2022 Baltimore Orioles 05/13-05/16

Overall Record:17-19 (3RD AL East)

Game Results

05/13
Orioles-0
Blue Jays-5

05/14
Orioles-13
Blue Jays-5

05/15
Orioles-1
Blue Jays-4

05/16
Orioles-4
Blue Jays-3

Orioles split 'seasaw' series with Blue Jays

The Orioles split the series over the weekend with the Blue Jays as both teams took turns with their wins. In game one, Toronto rook pitcher, Alek Manoah had a no hitter that lasted into the later innings. Baltimore would eventually get a hit and ended with three but failed to get any runs across the plate.

Game two saw the best offensive performance for the Orioles thus far this season. Two homeruns from Freddy Galvis and Rio Ruiz's 10th of the year lead the way to the 13-5 victory.

Game three saw the Orioles facing the Blue Jay's ace, Hyun-Jin Ryu who came into the game with a absurd 0.49 ERA. The game started off well enough with a lead off homer for Marwin Gonzalez. Unfortunately that would be the teams only run as Ryu and the bullpen did not allow another Baltimore run all game.

Game four saw Baltimore tie the series with a 4-3 victory as Jake Diekman was able to stay perfect on the season with his 11th save.

Baltimore will now return home for a tough six game stretch with three games vs. the Angels (22-14) and Astros (21-16).
Old 10-31-2021, 09:35 AM   #1094
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Paul Goldschmidt named NL player of the month for May

Paul Goldschmidt was named NL Player of the Month for May after hitting .368 with 3 HR's and 21 RBI's.

Goldschmidt provided a spark to a lineup that is completely hampered by injuries as manager Mike Schildt continues to try to find the correct combination to unlock consistent offensive production.

Yankees have won 21 straight games

The New York Yankees, a team that seemingly lost offensive production when Aaron Judge signed with the Angels, are just dominating the AL East as they have won 21 straight games and head into the month of June with a 10 game lead over the Blue Jays.

Old 10-31-2021, 05:24 PM   #1095
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Going to start a play-every-game dynasty with the Cardinals for 2022. I'm a sucker for realism and made some offseason changes I want to make sure seem kosher...

The Cards have a good amount of room to sign some strong talent, so I went out and grabbed Trevor Story to take over SS, Marcus Semien to take over 2B, Noah Syndergaard & Max Scherzer for the rotation, and Dellin Bettances for the pen.

From a non-monetary standpoint, I could see Story reuniting with Arenado on the left side of the infield, plus, Scherzer coming home to STL. These two moves make sense to me. From a dollar perspective, I went with 5 years 120m to Story and 2 years 30m to Scherzer. A little low for Mad Max, but I digress.

Marcus Semien has the desire to play SS, but I do not see anyone giving him the reigns at 31. He is a mature player who I think could appreciate a mature organization like the Cards, so I gave him a 5 year deal worth a little over 150m.

Noah was a bit of a stretch, but his injury riddled career needs a new org, not the mess of the Mets. I went 5 years and 146m which I think is pretty reasonable at nearly 30m per year.

Thoughts?
I think the biggest thing the Cardinals would need is a left handed bat. With Semien in for Edman that leaves Carlson as the only one who isn't a righty, doesn't it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2021, 08:57 AM   #1096
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Cardinals offensive woes continue in series loss to Mets in New York

The Cardinals (28-21) dropped 2 of the 3 games they played in Queens against the Mets during the week. The Cardinals avoided the sweep by winning Thursday's get away day game.

The offense really never made an appearance this series as the Cards would score just 5 runs in the series, 4 of those in Thursday afternoon's victory.

Consistent production offensively has been an issue all season long although you could attribute some of that to the rash of injuries the Cardinals have faced this season.

The Cardinals will make the short trip to Pittsburgh for a 3 game weekend series with the Pirates before returning home Monday to face the Marlins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »