Home

mlb 21 PS4 EDETION.. IS IT JUST ME

This is a discussion on mlb 21 PS4 EDETION.. IS IT JUST ME within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2021, 02:08 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: mlb 21 PS4 EDETION.. IS IT JUST ME

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH.. I am really enjoying the game even with the little bugs. A life long fan of MLB. Usually I have only played franchise all these years. But I am playing different mode this year. I have always thought MLB the show has been the best sports game ever produced and great support teams. I have both ps4 and ps4 Pro.. but I don't have a 4k TV. I am 70 years old and I wish there was away to zoom in too fly balls hit to the outfield. Yes I believe the game plays much faster and sometimes on ground balls get by me.. by the time I see them they are already past me. Players look so small to me.. In older versions of the game, the camera would zoom in on fly balls to the OF, Now I have to play with Auto fielding turned on, still throw the ball, but it takes a little joy out of the game. Again thank you for the info, suggestions and responses. Currently playing most of my games on the old ps4.. Will try the retro mode.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:13 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

how is the framerate on the ps4 (not pro)? last years' was decent. if 21 is the same id be happy.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:04 AM   #19
Rookie

TexasLeague's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
how is the framerate on the ps4 (not pro)? last years' was decent. if 21 is the same id be happy.
It’s been great for me so far in the few games I’ve played. However, I haven’t played The show since 18 and 21 seems to run smoother than that. I play on a nice 4K tv.

I’m an offline player only. Not sure if it helps, but I’ve always disconnected the PS4 from the internet before playing games.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:35 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Thank you so much for all the answers and suggestions.. Very kind of you all..
I would answer but this is the first time I didn't buy the game because of no carry over franchise. I'm waiting patiently to get a ps5 and then I'll buy the ps5 version primarily for the stadium feature.

I suspect if sales totals are released ps4 sales will be down significantly.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:30 AM   #21
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2

PS4 un-Pro user here. Game speed out of the box seems okay to me, I haven't noticed any differences from years past. Framerates also seem to be the same from last year to me, nothing that effects gameplay.

Seems like they always seem to do just enough for me to justify buying The Show again every year. It was the PSP version that eventually turned into a reskinned roster update that I stopped buying.

I also posted more general PS4 impressions in the Impressions thread, FWIW.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »