Home

This feels like a rush of meaningless content.

This is a discussion on This feels like a rush of meaningless content. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2021, 10:28 PM   #17
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: This feels like a rush of meaningless content.

Shockingly, I am enjoying the heck out of the Moments and Programs.

I have always been a straight franchise/RTTS guy but I am finding these modes fun. Jump in, get a couple hits, get a shiny prize. 3 strikeouts and some points are yours.

Don’t know what I’ll do with everything, but I enjoy the quick aspect of some of these things when I don’t have a lot of time and I want to play a little baseball.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:25 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm 1000% a franchise, offline sim guy in all sports so even though I was let down with their state of franchise, this has been the only franchise to hook me to DD and I love it. I think it's a great balance of allowing you to play however you want without having to pay for stubs or players. I don't have any desire to collect or play with current players, I can just build my 90s all star team and play offline vs cpu and have a blast. Most the guys I have like Griffey, Robby Alomar, Lofton, are my favorites and I'll be using all year. Even though most the programs are confusing I'm glad they're there. I do some moments during the day when I have a few minutes, and I love how they're incorporated in with my teams uniforms and stadium.

Now take for example 2k, which the 3v3 offline UT could have been fun for me, but adding contracts is just a greedy money suck that's as obvious as can be. So is the fact that you can't buy players with vc, the in game currency you earn by playing(like in TheShow). Its MT Tokens, so they make sure to curb what you can even buy. There is no path to hop on and earn easy vc, or players. EA's greed on these modes goes without saying.

I've got over 200k stubs that I earned by selling what I earned or doing challeneges and that's in a little over a week. I'd be able to buy anyone I want in the mode this cycle without adding money, and they still have various other modes plus franchise for me to jump back into. If they make an online franchise next year I might divert more time there, but server issues aside, I'm appreciative of how readily attainable everything is in that mode.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #19
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I can't understand why people get offended on someone else's view on the game. I think this is the best Show, or Sports game I've played. I play on a PS5 and a OLED TV also, So the people saying the game looks the same....Every setup is different and I'm sure everyone sees things different.

Also, as good as the Show is on the field, I do get frustrated every year when I realize the commentary is basically the same, the same cut scenes I've seen for years etc. I think the Show does just enough to keep it the same, while adding just enough to make it look fresh. But its still a great game.

I can see where some have issues and some love it. But, to constantly have to read where people have to justify why they feel the way they do after being attacked, is crazy. If someone thinks the game is ugly or terrible, I'm not gonna contest it, that's their opinion.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #20
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I feel like this thread has a little bit of everything I still enjoy about forums.

I am grateful for this thread.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:57 AM   #21
Rookie

ingey1968's Arena

OVR: 0

not new to the show, been playing for years but am new to DD . decided to try it this year for the first time and i have to say i love it. all the content in the game has actually helped me get better at playing and has been fun for me being a first time user of DD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2021, 08:27 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingey1968
not new to the show, been playing for years but am new to DD . decided to try it this year for the first time and i have to say i love it. all the content in the game has actually helped me get better at playing and has been fun for me being a first time user of DD
I'm in the same boat. I used to be big into franchise modes in sports games, but I've realized that I find them unsatisfying. I think that for me personally, there's a tension in those modes between realism and satisfying game design. There always seem to be ways to abuse trade logic, or whatever to the point where you have to constrain yourself to only doing what's "realistic." Which there's nothing wrong with if you want to have that experience, but if you want to just play it straightforwardly, too many issues get in the way. Not just talking The Show, 2K as well. Honestly, I feel like The Show's franchise is better overall because it doesn't have as many systems. 2K has so many systems that are either just kind of broken, or not actually very meaningful to the game.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit... That's what happens when the servers are down.

DD on the other hand, while you're not going to get realistic baseball, it's also kind of a better pure video game. Also, playing online adds so much in terms of hitting and pitching. You actually have to think about what you're throwing and react to a real person who's trying to out-think you. It's much more engaging.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:01 AM   #23
Rookie

I can see we have some fan boys on here lol..No but really I can see what your are saying. I think this is for all sports games. They just dont focus on the sport itself. SDS doesnt care about nothing BUT DD. This year I told myself I was going to play DD. I spent hours on it and found myself wonder what the hell am I doing. This mode is pointless. Most people pay all this money for stubs and the people who dont, you just grind day in and day out.. for what?

They dont care about franchise. Alot of people dont know that each year on the franchise mode, you play the same interleague game each year. This is a simple change for them to make. Guess what, this issue has been going on since 2017 and could be earlier than that. SDS has not done anything about it.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:25 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo1914
I can see we have some fan boys on here lol..No but really I can see what your are saying. I think this is for all sports games. They just dont focus on the sport itself. SDS doesnt care about nothing BUT DD. This year I told myself I was going to play DD. I spent hours on it and found myself wonder what the hell am I doing. This mode is pointless. Most people pay all this money for stubs and the people who dont, you just grind day in and day out.. for what?
probably just to play video game baseball

also, what's the source on if most people buy stubs versus earning them through merely playing? I'm not saying that isn't happening but I'd still be interested in having some meaningful corroborating evidence as opposed to a gut hunch
Quote:
They dont care about franchise. Alot of people dont know that each year on the franchise mode, you play the same interleague game each year. This is a simple change for them to make. Guess what, this issue has been going on since 2017 and could be earlier than that. SDS has not done anything about it.
I think it's been that way since Show 06. they did look into having rotating schedules several years back but it caused more havoc than it fixed, because of the base franchise was originally built on. I think they could do it, if they had unlimited resources but unfortunately that isn't reality, no matter how much I don't like it

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »