Home

MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Available Today - Patch Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2021, 12:56 PM   #25
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Available Today - Patch Notes

For MOM players. For your information regarding the new (old) crashes happening in the game after they fixed the bullpen problem.

1. You can pinch hit for the pitcher and game will not crash.

2. When pinch hitting, e.g., for the 2nd baseman, the pinch hitter MUST either have 2nd base as his primary OR secondary position. You can not pinch hit a Catcher, e.g., that doesn't not have a secondary of 2nd base.

3. When pinch running....same as above. You want to run for your catcher? The pinch runner must have a primary as catcher, OR a secondary as catcher.

So you really need to check when doing so. What a mess.

If you have the winning run on 3rd bottom of the 9th, no outs, a sloth RF on 3rd and you want to put in a speedy SS off your bench to run for him and he doesn't have RF as a secondary position....if you do it....game will crash, so best to stick with the RF on 3rd.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 08-28-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2021, 05:02 PM   #26
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
When you hit no when prompted to replace the hitter, the position player became the pitcher of record and has to pitch to 3 batters fulfilling the 3 batter min rule requirement.

That’s not a bug

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Good shout.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:56 PM   #27
MVP

Re: MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Arrives Today - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
MOM bullpen problem is........FIXED.
They fixed that but I just had the game crash in MOM. Pinch ran with a player at a different position and between innings it crashed.

Why can't they just look at the code for last year and replicate it? At this point I don't have confidence they will get it right for mlbts21.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:07 AM   #28
Banned

Check swing is still broke. That said, this is my first time playing this game this year (got it on xbox game pass), and this is the best sports simulation on the market. I'm not even that much of a baseball fan, but this game is just fun to play. Better than 2K, better than Madden. Props to MLB the Show devs for creating an actual simulation and caring about quality.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:05 AM   #29
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Arrives Today - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
They fixed that but I just had the game crash in MOM. Pinch ran with a player at a different position and between innings it crashed.

Why can't they just look at the code for last year and replicate it? At this point I don't have confidence they will get it right for mlbts21.
Did you read the temporary fix at the top of the page? It's a workaround but it works.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:01 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Okay Shawnn....looking back I now assume you play MOM. I tested this regular franchise. So I went into MOM and pinch ran a CF for my SS.....GAME CRASHED. For the love of........!!!!!!
Exactly. Pinch hit or pinch run with a player at a different position and it crashes at the next half inning.

I submitted a but report but I'm at the stage where I'm just going to stop playing until and unless they fix this game. 270 games played in MOM in mlbts21 and I'm tired of not being able to manage like I want to.

I'm Charlie Brown and this game is Lucy tricking me into believing and then pulling the football and I go crashing to the ground. I ain't kicking Lucy's football no more - or at least until the next patch.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:24 PM   #31
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Exactly. Pinch hit or pinch run with a player at a different position and it crashes at the next half inning.

I submitted a but report but I'm at the stage where I'm just going to stop playing until and unless they fix this game. 270 games played in MOM in mlbts21 and I'm tired of not being able to manage like I want to.

I'm Charlie Brown and this game is Lucy tricking me into believing and then pulling the football and I go crashing to the ground. I ain't

kicking Lucy's football no more - or at least until the next patch.
September call ups are coming which will give you greater options off the bench. The workaround works. For the most part it should work out, not perfect, but....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
September call ups are coming which will give you greater options off the bench. The workaround works. For the most part it should work out, not perfect, but....
It's manage mode. I want all the options available to me.

I discovered the crash when in a tie game - 9th inning my second baseman got a single with 2 out. I keep a fast outfielder on the bench exactly for that situation. Outfielder ran for the second baseman. Stole second. Next batter drove in the run. I'm ahead 4-3 with my closer warm and ready. Looking forward to the bottom of the 9th. Game crashes.

If I can't do that then I'll wait until they patch it - if they ever do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »