Home

MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Available Today - Patch Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #33
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Available Today - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
It's manage mode. I want all the options available to me.

I discovered the crash when in a tie game - 9th inning my second baseman got a single with 2 out. I keep a fast outfielder on the bench exactly for that situation. Outfielder ran for the second baseman. Stole second. Next batter drove in the run. I'm ahead 4-3 with my closer warm and ready. Looking forward to the bottom of the 9th. Game crashes.

If I can't do that then I'll wait until they patch it - if they ever do.
Not trying to be argumentative but if you did this after the latest patch, and with the discovery of the new (old) bug why did you attempt something you knew would fail?

Another workaround until it’s fixed is to look at your teams players secondary positions and, e.g. assign a 1b who has no secondary position with IF (all infield positions), or 2b/3b/SS things like that. That’s what I’ve done for my team. I don’t really care what the secondary positions are because I’m not going to use them for a player who doesn’t play a particular position in real life.

This would certainly help you until the next patch. Iwas really upset with them botching this...again, but the game is just too good. Not going to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 08-29-2021 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:59 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Not trying to be argumentative but if you did this after the latest patch, and with the discovery of the new (old) bug why did you attempt something you knew would fail?

Another workaround until it’s fixed is to look at your teams players secondary positions and, e.g. assign a 1b who has no secondary position with IF (all infield positions), or 2b/3b/SS things like that. That’s what I’ve done for my team. I don’t really care what the secondary positions are because I’m not going to use them for a player who doesn’t play a particular position in real life.

This would certainly help you until the next patch. Iwas really upset with them botching this...again, but the game is just too good. Not going to throw the baby out with the bath water.
I mistakenly thought the bugs had been fixed. I guess I should have know a new bug would be introduced but didn't know which bug until I played the game. It's a great game but in manage mode I want to be able to pinch hit and pinch run with the best available player.

It appears to me the developers patch bugs and then rely on us to test the game for them and report back.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:01 PM   #35
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I mistakenly thought the bugs had been fixed. I guess I should have know a new bug would be introduced but didn't know which bug until I played the game. It's a great game but in manage mode I want to be able to pinch hit and pinch run with the best available player.

It appears to me the developers patch bugs and then rely on us to test the game for them and report back.
To me it almost seems like instead of fixing it they made a choice that the old issue was less severe than the new issue and just reverted the code back to the previous version (for this specific issue). It could be that they truly don't understand where the issue lies in the code and couldn't fix it just yet...

Just a guess on my part...
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2021, 09:25 AM   #36
Pro

MLB The Show 21 Patch 15 Available Today - Patch Notes

Are there too many fly balls? Feels like every out is lazy fly by either myself or the cpu. I really started noticing after the contact swing patch.

Anyone know how many fly balls are hit per mlb game? Based on my investigation it roughly 7-8 per team, where in the show I’m seeing some games with close to 20 per team
Old 09-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #37
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
Are there too many fly balls? Feels like every out is lazy fly by either myself or the cpu. I really started noticing after the contact swing patch.

Anyone know how many fly balls are hit per mlb game? Based on my investigation it roughly 7-8 per team, where in the show I’m seeing some games with close to 20 per team
I very rarely go after high fastballs now because of this. Even if it’s timed right I’ll pop it or fly.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:04 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc
I very rarely go after high fastballs now because of this. Even if it’s timed right I’ll pop it or fly.
Right!? it wasn't like this before, surely I'm not going mad! Its happens to the CPU also
I swear there weren't as many fly outs before the patch

Last edited by baseballguy99; 09-09-2021 at 12:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »