Home

The Show 22 Wishlist

This is a discussion on The Show 22 Wishlist within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2021, 11:19 PM   #9
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Show 22 Wishlist

Be able to edit Managers.

Custom league set up

More stadium sound immersion
Old 10-05-2021, 04:39 AM   #10
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Better lineup and roster management. The CPU logic is really bad and leads to a lot of really funky lineups. Even if you manage all the lineups yourself (I know I did because to keep stuff like JD Martinez leading off, Shohei never DHing, and Francisco Lindor only playing against lefties from happening), they'll completely rearrange the batting order to give the #8 hitter a day off. The CPU is way more into having completely different lineups against lefties and righties. Some teams (like the Giants) change it up every day, most teams try and keep at least the top of the order consistent. And no team carries 4 catchers (I've seen multiple teams do this in franchise.

Positions. RP/CP shouldn't be two different positions. And I'd argue the same should go for Outfield. If you can play one outfield position, you have the ability to at least play the others. You may not have the ideal range for CF or arm for RF, but your hands don't turn to stone because you only play LF.

I'd like to see more ratings. Instead of just break, there should be vertical and horizontal break ratings. And secondary positions should be on a scale rather than just being binary.

Borrowing from NBA 2k (and irrc, MLB 2k had this too), Game Logs on the player card. If I want to see how a player has done lately, that should be more available without having to just go through the box scores.

Pinpoint pitching. First, change the splitter gesture so that it's doable on an Xbox controller. Second, make it much more difficult. They're doing this for "competitive" but it's way too easy on "simulation" too. Even with control and consistency at 0 on legend, there still aren't enough walks. And fix the stamina online.

Base stealing. I think it just needs a rework. It's way too easy for good base stealers to steal, but way too hard for bad base stealers. The game doesn't allow for all the players who get 5-15 steals a game. You're either getting a really prolific base stealer or someone who can't do it at all. There needs to be a middle ground there.

Running in general, honestly. Runners are way too fast, both on the basepaths and in the OT. It can be remedied with sliders, but that can only do too much.

Bunting. Sacrifice bunting is way too inconsistent. And it is WAY too easy to put down a perfect drag bunt between the pitcher and the first baseman. There's a reason the 2B isn't playing in on bunt defense, because irl it's very difficult to lay down a bunt the 2B has to field.

I probably wouldn't hold my breath on the chop getting in on release. I think that's set to get even more controversial come one of the playoff games in Atlanta. The crowd was doing it very loudly towards the end of September, and I think a national spotlight is going to draw a lot more attention to it. I doubt SDS is going to want to touch that. I'm surprised the motion was still in the game this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by DonkeyJote; 10-05-2021 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:30 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

quick counts:-more count variety i.e. 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, or option to make every AB start 1-1, or 2-2 etc.

injuries: -more variety in terms of time missed, i.e. 10 days IL, but after 10 days player still hurt, day to day, pitcher skip start type injury/fatigue, rehab assignments,

franchise:-rainouts and doubleheaders, ability to auto injure players to better match real life rosters, somehow an ability to combine the play now rosters into franchise, i.e. every game you play in franchise, uses the same roster/lineup as was available that day IRL.
more realistic crowds, I.e. light attendance should have many full empty sections instead of all sections sparsely filled.

gameplay: - more hit and error variety, OFers charge every ball at full speed with no bobble risk,-needs to change, more bloops that drop in, base running aggressiveness slider, more realistic ball/strike calling, i.e. IRL more borderline balls are called strikes than the vice versa thats in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #12
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Hopefully the previous Cleveland Throwback uniforms will still be in. Obviously the ones that don't say "Cleveland" will need to be replaced on the 1994 Home White/1994 Home Navy/1975 Red & Navy Tops.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

My wish for the last seven years or so has been for them to fix some of the shortcomings that are fundamental to the game of baseball itself.

* balls hit down the line still die too quickly
* sacrifice bunting and bunt defense are atrocious
* high power, low contact hitters seem too easy to hit with in the gameplay engine
* run production in the sim engine is too low (when ba, hr's, etc are spot on, too few runs are scored, about 1/2 run per game per team)
* cpu bullpen management is terrible.
* too many saves in the sim engine

These are legacy issues and IMO should be addressed first.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:32 PM   #14
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
My wish for the last seven years or so has been for them to fix some of the shortcomings that are fundamental to the game of baseball itself.

* balls hit down the line still die too quickly
* sacrifice bunting and bunt defense are atrocious
* high power, low contact hitters seem too easy to hit with in the gameplay engine
* run production in the sim engine is too low (when ba, hr's, etc are spot on, too few runs are scored, about 1/2 run per game per team)
* cpu bullpen management is terrible.
* too many saves in the sim engine

These are legacy issues and IMO should be addressed first.
Low Contact, High Power hitters get a boost to exit velocity for some reason. So a player with like 60 contact and 100 power practically has more power than someone with 100 contact and 100 power. Makes zero sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-07-2021, 06:40 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Low Contact, High Power hitters get a boost to exit velocity for some reason. So a player with like 60 contact and 100 power practically has more power than someone with 100 contact and 100 power. Makes zero sense.
Yeah I remember scratching my head when reading through that in the in-game guide. It would make more sense to do this for low vision/high power hitters because they are less likely to make contact at all. Personally, I don't think it's needed. I wonder if it's unfortunate side effect from when they fixed high contact/low power hitters so they could actually hit for expected averages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2021, 11:40 PM   #16
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRickyRun24
Oh also taking a page out of NBA 2K … it would be magical to have every stadiums PA announcer

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
WOW 2K really does that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »