Home

MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on the Schedule

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on the Schedule within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #465
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on th

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I love franchise mode but I have no interest in ticket prices and concession stand prices. Maybe some do though.
I can definitely live without it. I'm just thinking of ways they could make franchise a money maker for them. But I noticed like one of my goals in the basketball game is to raise attendance.

They could also improve on the GM goals. I think they need refreshed. One goal is to sweep the world series? Another one is to not lose a playoff game. How realistic is that? Congratulations! You just won the world series but you lost a game so you didn't meet your goal.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2022, 10:18 AM   #466
Banned

Re: MLB The Show 22 Feature Premieres Begin on February 16 - Franchise Mode Not on th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthsgrg32
Have you noticed though the same guys that’s from OS and complain about issues within the game and now hired by SDS it’s still isn’t in the game. They just not in control to deliver the main concerns as they seen it beforehand.
Nah the SGO article mentioned they are having a hard time implementing new things because of the fact that they are using old, legacy code.

So im positive they are aware of all of this stuff but they may just not have the resources to figure it out.

Another things too. I work in development at a large company and we def hav issues on the developer end when we bring a new developer in who has to try and get up to speed with old code that they did not create, Sometimes it is easier to have new developer redo a huge portion of the code as opposed to trying to learn the code, figure it out, THEN try and figure out how to fix things without breaking other things.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #467
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I can definitely live without it. I'm just thinking of ways they could make franchise a money maker for them. But I noticed like one of my goals in the basketball game is to raise attendance.

They could also improve on the GM goals. I think they need refreshed. One goal is to sweep the world series? Another one is to not lose a playoff game. How realistic is that? Congratulations! You just won the world series but you lost a game so you didn't meet your goal.
Yeah, both fair points. Same as when madden gives you a goal for a specific player, and he misses that goal by one yard, and scored 2 TDs instead of 3, and it says "sorry you failed". Haha
Old 03-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #468
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I think something like that is already built in to the game.
Yeah, I think there is supposed to be a dynamic attendance. But I haven't tested it. I play as the Mariners and we are in first place. I average about 24K fans during the week and get about 42K fans on weekend games. If I have a good team come in during the week I can get 40K fans so that is pretty cool. But I don't know if that is because I'm in first place or if that is just the average for Seattle in general.

So if you take a team like Pittsburgh who probably average 15K per game. If you run a test franchise and make a bunch of moves to make them good. Will the attendance go up?

Braves Franchise

Old 03-16-2022, 10:20 AM   #469
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthsgrg32
They must have to get approval to what fixes to put in the game.
I a sense but I don't think getting the cpu to rotate their bullpen is as easy as creating a command for the cpu to not use the same pitcher.

They could possibly not even know why the cpu uses the same pitchers lol
Old 03-16-2022, 10:25 AM   #470
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I think there is supposed to be a dynamic attendance. But I haven't tested it. I play as the Mariners and we are in first place. I average about 24K fans during the week and get about 42K fans on weekend games. If I have a good team come in during the week I can get 40K fans so that is pretty cool. But I don't know if that is because I'm in first place or if that is just the average for Seattle in general.

So if you take a team like Pittsburgh who probably average 15K per game. If you run a test franchise and make a bunch of moves to make them good. Will the attendance go up?
I do know that attendance is dynamic. If your team is bad attendance drops and revenue decreases. I do rebuilds a lot and early in the rebuild when the team is bad, I'll get 10k per game ish.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:25 AM   #471
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Can you imagine the coding mess if baseball implements that dumb drop pitch rule? Supposedly, they are testing if a catcher misses or drops a pitch on any pitch in any situation, the batter can run to 1st base and if he is safe it is considered a hit.

Braves Franchise

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #472
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Can you imagine the coding mess if baseball implements that dumb drop pitch rule? Supposedly, they are testing if a catcher misses or drops a pitch on any pitch in any situation, the batter can run to 1st base and if he is safe it is considered a hit.
Something about that just sounds hilarious to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »