Home

MLB The Show '22 Little Things (Positive Little Things Only)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show '22 Little Things (Positive Little Things Only) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2022, 05:00 PM   #81
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show '22 Little Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The news/notes/score ticker at the bottom is so amazing this year. Love seeing stories from around the league as well as scores.
I struck out looking last night because I was reading something on the ticker. 🤣
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2022, 05:16 PM   #82
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't yet own the game, but saw a gameplay video where there were some user vs. user shenanigans running on the base paths. There was a rundown where two players ended up occupying third base at the same time, and when the trail runner was tagged out Boog acknowledged the actual situation.

I'm not sure if this was in Vasgersian's scripts at all, but it's nice when they really think about all the different scenarios that could happen in a game. That's likely the only line of that sort that they have so if it happens again that's all you'll here, but again it's the thought that counts.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-02-2022, 05:44 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 9

I know it is kind of ironic for me to post, as I have been slagging the “bird beaks in flying birds too yellow in a day game” guys…. But gosh darn it, Yankee players shouldn’t have beards and facial hair.
Worse than that, and I get late-trades not getting a post-trade shave, but the right-field ball boy with a full beard??

Unless it is a slam against the Yankees for an antiquated rule, set forth by Darth Steinbrenner… if that’s the case, I love it.

If not, it just seems silly.
~syf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-02-2022, 06:47 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
I know it is kind of ironic for me to post, as I have been slagging the “bird beaks in flying birds too yellow in a day game” guys…. But gosh darn it, Yankee players shouldn’t have beards and facial hair.
Worse than that, and I get late-trades not getting a post-trade shave, but the right-field ball boy with a full beard??

Unless it is a slam against the Yankees for an antiquated rule, set forth by Darth Steinbrenner… if that’s the case, I love it.

If not, it just seems silly.
~syf

Cool story….. what this got to do with “little things” in the game?

Old 04-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #85
Rookie

laguna_bob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
A lot of people have probably seen it already, but I don’t think anyone has said it, so, the anthem is now played/sung in pregame on Opening Day. The players aren’t just standing there in silence to the broadcast theme anymore. Small but nice touch.
Noticed this when I started my franchise. Finally they added the national anthem to be played before the game started. Wonder if they do the Canadian one for the Blue Jays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Cool story….. what this got to do with “little things” in the game?

I think he’s indicating a “little thing” the devs missed on. The Yankees ballboy with a full beard, considering they have a long-standing anti facial hair policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2022, 07:34 PM   #87
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
I think he’s indicating a “little thing” the devs missed on. The Yankees ballboy with a full beard, considering they have a long-standing anti facial hair policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That only applies to "players, coaches, and male executives".
Old 04-02-2022, 07:43 PM   #88
MVP

Archie56's Arena

So commentary is a thing of beauty. Yes there are some repetative things said but I could listen to these guys all day over the old crew. In the first inning of a game I'm playing, Miggy hit a double in the gap. When he came back up to the plate in the 3rd inning, the pitcher threw two sliders back to back down and away in the dirt for balls. Boogs said that the pitcher was trying to be careful after Miggy's double in the first. I was floored. It's just little things like this that make the game so much better. Hearing them call back to something that happened in the previous at bat like that was just so cool to hear

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »