Home

Prospect ratings.

This is a discussion on Prospect ratings. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #17
Rookie

scoresman143's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Prospect ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingfranchise
Julio Rodriguez
I’m torn between starting my franchise grind with the Mariners now (play every pitch) with a 67 over Jrod in hopes of progressing him to at least a lower 70’s or waiting for a roster update where they put him in the low 70’s to start with.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:16 PM   #18
Rookie

Most of them usually. A good portion of the major leagues have terrible ratings so it was to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2022, 12:25 PM   #19
Banned

Irony to this is ppl say prospects are rated too high and that their teams didnt get enough “love” , while lobbying for their teams prospects to be rated higher lol

I honestly feel like the zhow badly needs a ratings overhaul and needs to do away with overall ratings. Like i think we need a potential but then a percentage chance to which a player will meet that potential. I also feel that players should have an actual and potential in every category to help creat better player profiles. Like a 17 yr old draftee can have a 15 power right now but the potential to be a 80 power one day.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:00 PM   #20
Rookie

Joshua Baez for the Cardinals is a 69 overall. Not saying he isn't a legit prospect but he struggled a bit in rookie ball last year so the fact that he is higher than Gorman and Jordan Walker right now is kind of ridiculous. Especially Gorman who is on the verge of MLB who raked at AA last year and ended the season hitting well at AAA as well.

Also Delvin Perez is also rated higher than both Gorman and Walker which I don't understand. I don't think Gorman even got a ratings bump this year. Prospect ratings are weird to me.

Last edited by toodles2you90; 04-05-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:05 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectikidd
Irony to this is ppl say prospects are rated too high and that their teams didnt get enough “love” , while lobbying for their teams prospects to be rated higher lol

I honestly feel like the zhow badly needs a ratings overhaul and needs to do away with overall ratings. Like i think we need a potential but then a percentage chance to which a player will meet that potential. I also feel that players should have an actual and potential in every category to help creat better player profiles. Like a 17 yr old draftee can have a 15 power right now but the potential to be a 80 power one day.
I agree with this, at minimum for fielders you should have contact potential, power potential and a defense potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 02:53 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingfranchise
Julio Rodriguez
I am a biased M's fan but I agree. I think J-Rod should be in the 72-74 range. He batted .419 in spring training and is the #3 prospect in baseball.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:13 PM   #23
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I've also wondered when and how prospect potentials actually change. I know people say they have seen them change, but I have never seen it happen.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-05-2022, 04:05 PM   #24
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I've also wondered when and how prospect potentials actually change. I know people say they have seen them change, but I have never seen it happen.
It is dynamic to a point. You will see a max change of about 1 point a year. Easiest to see when a player is 80 or 90 potential and on the roster screen to see that it dropped to 79 or 89, hence B to C or A to B.

Simming multiple seasons into the future, you see it but it is uncommon. Maybe see one player per team changes every couple of years. It's dynamic to a point but it's not blatantly overt.

Example: In a span of 2022 to 2028, I saw Nolan Jones potential go from 78 to 80.

So it happens but if you only play one season per year you will almost never see it. And it does happen at a random point in the season too it it does.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »