Home

Prospect ratings.

This is a discussion on Prospect ratings. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2022, 03:03 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Prospect ratings.

Are there any prospects that you all think are either too low or too high in regards to ratings? I was looking through the Cubs prospects and their top guy, Brennan Davis, is only rated at 60. He has A potential and is expected to make his Major League debut this year, but it may be hard to do so in The Show until he’s rated at least in the 70’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 03:16 PM   #2
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Prospect ratings.

Ezequiel Tovar, Rockies SS, has D potential. He already plays big league level defense and his bat has started coming around. In A/A+ last year, he slashed .287/.322/.475 with 15 homers and 30 doubles. In spring training this year he hit over .500 in 20 plate appearances with 3 homers and 2 doubles.

If his bat continues to progress like this, he could be the Rockies starting SS next season at 21 years old. At least deserving of B potential.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:25 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Are there any prospects that you all think are either too low or too high in regards to ratings? I was looking through the Cubs prospects and their top guy, Brennan Davis, is only rated at 60. He has A potential and is expected to make his Major League debut this year, but it may be hard to do so in The Show until he’s rated at least in the 70’s.

They did B. Davis dirty. He’s a top 15 prospect in MLB and he’s not even in the top 50 in the show. And his power should be better than low 30s or whatever it is.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:41 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
They did B. Davis dirty. He’s a top 15 prospect in MLB and he’s not even in the top 50 in the show. And his power should be better than low 30s or whatever it is.

I don’t usually make ratings changes, but I might make an exception. Especially considering he’s just about the only decent prospect on the Cubs.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-03-2022, 04:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

My impression of the "community" or "full minors" players last year was some teams got a lot of love and some got nothing.

It seemed like the people making the rosters were biased in the direction of their favorite team.

Just my impression from looking at the roster.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
My impression of the "community" or "full minors" players last year was some teams got a lot of love and some got nothing.

It seemed like the people making the rosters were biased in the direction of their favorite team.

Just my impression from looking at the roster.
Yup and those full minor rosters always have higher potential ratings which really screw up progression in the game. It doesn’t help also that I don’t think any d potential prospects can ever break out and increase their potential
Old 04-03-2022, 05:20 PM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

I'd wait till after a sds opening day roster and see if any of it changes. Not counting on it, but it's possible for some changes especially if the club keeps the prospect on mlb roster.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-04-2022, 12:23 AM   #8
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39

Yeah prospect ratings have been kind of weird. In Brennen Davis' case if you bump his power up to the mid 60's or so on both side that should be a bit closer to his true rating

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »