Home

Pitches in the dirt

This is a discussion on Pitches in the dirt within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2022, 08:37 PM   #9
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pitches in the dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I should, after all, he is still under contract until 2037, basically lol

also, what I really need is a visual cue that a particular pitch is most likely dirt-bound
I知 using 2 cameras derived from RETRO cam. Main one where strike zone is more or less centered and a second one when I知 facing a pitcher with low pitches arsenal like tons of change up or splitters.

That second one having the strike zone a bit higher than the other one ( or cam lower if you prefer). I found it a lot easier to detect those low pitches that way.

Only thing is I find high fastball more difficult. That痴 the why I知 swapping cam based on pitcher style.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:15 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pitches in the dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
I知 using 2 cameras derived from RETRO cam. Main one where strike zone is more or less centered and a second one when I知 facing a pitcher with low pitches arsenal like tons of change up or splitters.

That second one having the strike zone a bit higher than the other one ( or cam lower if you prefer). I found it a lot easier to detect those low pitches that way.

Only thing is I find high fastball more difficult. That痴 the why I知 swapping cam based on pitcher style.
that's genius. I don't know why it never occurred to me to have camera angles crafted according to different pitcher types. I always just wanted the widest camera available, wide enough to see both fair poles. sounds simple, but effective. those nasty overhand 12-6 curves eat me up, especially when they only go 58 feet. this could completely change the way I think about hitting. for years I've lived and died with my pitching but if my hitting was equal to my pitching, I bet I could rival Joe Torres Yankees dynasty lol

thanks TC!

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »