Home

The Ultimate Fighter: US Vs UK

This is a discussion on The Ultimate Fighter: US Vs UK within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: The Ultimate Fighter: US Vs UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
****'em if they dont like it. They should go watch boxing or kick boxing because they are too damned stupid to be watching MMA.
Oh please. Stop with that garbage. Finishing fights is not a style. Its a skill and its one that Ryan Bader sorely lacks right now. It makes for boring fights and highly unimpressive wins when a fighter is just gaining position on the ground and doing nothing with it. One dimensional fighting is not MMA. Get a clue.

Anyway from what I read here and on other sites, Bader had some good takedowns and sub attempts in the first round and then the other 2 rounds he was gassed and basically just being a blanket. He still needs work. He probably just decisioned himself into the non-televised undercard until he either learns how to finish people or he's fighting a more impressive fighter. Either way its for the better.

I can't stand wrestlers that don't have stand up or subs. IMO, they are one dimensional and they are not good for the sport. They need to learn how to finish. There are good 3 round decision wins with action and a display of skills in either stand up, submissions, or both, and then there are 3 round decisions like Baders fight last night. He has no business being on TV if he can't finish fighters like Carmelo Marrero. The next time I see him, I sincerely hope he has vastly improved his cardio and his submissions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #42
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Bader did not impress me one bit. I think he is going to be a flop personally.
He'll probably win more than he loses but he won't beat Machida or Evans,probably not Rampage either.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #43
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Add me to the list of people who can't stand boring wrestlers. I love the ground game when guys are battling for position, transitioning, and attempting subs. Taking a guy down and laying on them doesn't make for entertaining fights.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #44
Rookie

KStateFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Anyone else wish that "The Reidernator" could have won? That guy was hilarious, would've been funny to watch him all season
Old 04-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Hell no, that guy was trying too hard to be "controversial" from the start. I found it funny that he thought the fight was close even when he was getting bombed on in the 3rd round. Andre Winner's K.O. was pretty sick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #46
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

That dude was an idiot.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #47
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
He'll probably win more than he loses but he won't beat Machida or Evans,probably not Rampage either.
Evans stand up was week when he was on TUF. I loved watching his stand up progess each fight. He went from a stright grappler taking people down, to having some very very slick stand up. Give Bader a chance and I bet he will develop the stand up game. I was more impress with Bader's excellent grappling and takedowns in comparasion to Kampmman who did less overall damage than Condit, but won the fight because he was able to control him in the ground game but do very little damage.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
Oh please. Stop with that garbage. Finishing fights is not a style. Its a skill and its one that Ryan Bader sorely lacks right now. It makes for boring fights and highly unimpressive wins when a fighter is just gaining position on the ground and doing nothing with it. One dimensional fighting is not MMA. Get a clue.
There is a diffrence between not finishing fights and not trying to finish fights. Bader was trying his best and it was very entertaining to anyone who knows what they are watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Add me to the list of people who can't stand boring wrestlers. I love the ground game when guys are battling for position, transitioning, and attempting subs. Taking a guy down and laying on them doesn't make for entertaining fights.
I dont like boring LnP wrestlers either. But anyone who thinks thats what Bader was doing last night is a ******. He did sort of resort to that in the 3rd after he gassed but for two rounds it was a fun fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »