Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #2513
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Ray Borg missed weight in his last 2 fights. Dudes not even a Fly Weight at that point IMO. No way in hell he should get the shot.

DJ knows TJ would give him hell, and ruin 6 years of grinding for that record.
I've been waiting for you to comment on Lamas vs Knight.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #2514
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Good for MM. Dana has been strong arming dudes for years. MM has been as professional as it gets since his WEC days and is one of the greatest fighters ever. He's right that they don't get promoted at all and shows Dana being a hypocrite for the 19 millionth time. He still deserves some of the blame though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just like our president, Dana using the media to carry out conversations is lame to me. A person shouldnt have to listen to media to converse with their boss.

I was back and forth on how I felt about Dana for a long time. While I do think he has been great for MMA & the UFC, I think its time for him to step down. He made his money off these fighters who never made **** and he knows it, thats why he gave all the legends jobs. The fact that the UFC got rich off of guys like Liddell while Liddell retires and immediately needs a job is bogus to me.

The bulk of UFCs revenue comes from the tv contracts am I right? The UFC needs to stop acting like if a fighter only headlines a FOX event he isnt making money for the company, its ridiculous.

The biggest reason for people starting to speak out is: $4.2 billion. They announced to the world how valuable the profits have been and can be in the future. It was only a matter of time before fighters started to do the simple math.

The UFC better realize that Father Time is undefeated and things change even if they dont...ESPECIALLY if they dont

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #2515
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
Just like our president, Dana using the media to carry out conversations is lame to me. A person shouldnt have to listen to media to converse with their boss.

I was back and forth on how I felt about Dana for a long time. While I do think he has been great for MMA & the UFC, I think its time for him to step down. He made his money off these fighters who never made **** and he knows it, thats why he gave all the legends jobs. The fact that the UFC got rich off of guys like Liddell while Liddell retires and immediately needs a job is bogus to me.

The bulk of UFCs revenue comes from the tv contracts am I right? The UFC needs to stop acting like if a fighter only headlines a FOX event he isnt making money for the company, its ridiculous.

The biggest reason for people starting to speak out is: $4.2 billion. They announced to the world how valuable the profits have been and can be in the future. It was only a matter of time before fighters started to do the simple math.

The UFC better realize that Father Time is undefeated and things change even if they dont...ESPECIALLY if they dont

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
A couple of things:

- The bulk of UFC's revenue comes from PPVs not their TV contract with Fox. Their TV contract is on the low end of sports franchise TV deals. They get a set amount per year to hold the cards. They make 0 dollars off of ad revenue from Fox or FS1 fights. If 1 person or 1 million people watch a card, they get the same amount of money. Thats why Dana says that DJ headlining a Fox card doesnt make any money for the UFC.

With that said, the UFC wants to keep its partner happy and wants to sign an even bigger deal in a few years, so they have an incentive to put on good Fox cards.

- I'll play devil's advocate. The UFC employs over 500 fighters. MMA is the only sport where the commissioner/president is expected to directly handle/respond to every complaint an athlete has and thats ridiculous. DJ has been in constant communication with the UFC the entire time this Borg/Dillashaw thing has been going on. Mick Maynard (who handles the lower weight classes) has been constantly going in between DJ and the UFC trying to work this out. The two sides are at an impasse but that doesnt mean that DJ hasnt been in contact with the UFC.

I'm firmly on DJ's side here but the issue hasnt been communication.

- Liddell made plenty of money. So did Hughes. So did Griffin. Saying the UFC "got rich" off of these guys isnt exactly true. It costs money to run a MMA organization. It was a very risky venture and the risk was entirely on the Ferititas and White. The fighters played a big role in the UFC becoming what it was but they arent owners. What sucks is Liddell missed out on making big dollars like Brock, Conor and Ronda did.

I work for a corporation that has profited in part because of my work. I get paid a salary for my work and they get to profit from my work. Same way the UFC works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #2516
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Kickboxing related, look at this stuff from Murthel Groenhart vs Grigorian. Wow.

https://streamable.com/8fce8
Old 06-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #2517
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Why did dude turn his back and walk away?
Old 06-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #2518
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Why did dude turn his back and walk away?
I've looked at the clip several times and I can't come up with any explanation for that other than that front kick must have hurt him or something. But even then it was a rather late reaction to it.

Just insanity.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #2519
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Guy got hit with a flying knee. That wasn't a front kick, if you look, he actually gets blasted by the knee. I think he got so rocked, he either heard an imaginary bell, or forgot where he was/what he was doing.

Just read the 2 guys that attack him at the end are actually fans from the crowd, that ran into the ring, and they actually broke that fighters jaw in the assault.

Reminds me of the Chandler brooks fight ina way.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #2520
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

"100% legit KO. Dude was concussed from knee, brain short circuited thinking round was over or something. Its a kill or be killed game." https://t.co/XXu7Mmxt3A

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »