Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #33
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Developer Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM RULES
OMG, did I just see Machida get basically KO'ed by one big punch in the first round? Not 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, or 10; but 1 single blow? Wow, that just does not seem realistic at all. Man, we need to contact Dana White and complain because one punch KO's should not happen that frequently. He should have sustained damage from at least 4-20 blows to the head before he fell. I am tired of the UFC trying to please the casual fans by allowing 1 punch KO's in real life, and in the demo!!!
He dropped on the first punch but Rua didn't throw his hands up and walk away as if he won (like the demo). He immediately attacked and finished him with a TKO. Big difference. What we saw happen to Machida, which is how a lot of UFC fights end when someones get's knocked down, doesn't happen enough in the demo.

Just to be clear, Machida didn't get one punch KO'd. He got rocked and finished by Rua who attacked immediately and pounded him out.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #34
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
OMG, did I just see Machida get basically KO'ed by one big punch in the first round? Not 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, or 10; but 1 single blow? Wow, that just does not seem realistic at all. Man, we need to contact Dana White and complain because one punch KO's should not happen that frequently. He should have sustained damage from at least 4-20 blows to the head before he fell. I am tired of the UFC trying to please the casual fans by allowing 1 punch KO's in real life, and in the demo!!!
RunandShoot, that you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
RunandShoot, that you?
LMAO YEA I thought same thing Shiz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #36
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Dude, are you serious? Are you saying that if a heavy weight fighter takes 4-6 power shots to the head that only damage should occur and not KO's? If that were the case, most fighters would not fear standing toe to toe with power punchers. I am confused by your logic in regards to how many clean power shots to the head, should affect a fighter.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are advocating that professional heavy weight fighters should not be able to KO an opponent with power shots to the head, without sustaining damage first? WOW....
Yeah, you must have read my post wrong...

Quote:
For every UFC "one punch KO's" you can post, I could post twice as more TKO's....

No one said it was unrealistic or never happens...The ratio is off...

Quote:
the cheesy pounding an opponent out who just went gray is not only unrewarding - the animation sucks imo. I would like to see some better KO animations where the hurt fighter can't defend himself but isnt in a coma and better TKO animations - in the meantime Im fine with where its at now. Im having a nice mix of fight endings playing on expert. If they patch the game like they did last year and ruin it again - Im done with this
Yeah, that animation is corny, shouldnt be removed for next year thought but at least toned down(Ive seen that "animation" in a real life match)

I like these outcomes better:

CPU rocked me, I was pinned to the cage after I backed out to try and escape...He put blows on my and ended the match

CPU Knocked me down(not rocked) jumped on top of me, drop elbows(Now I was rocked) and got a TKO victory

We need MORE of those type of outcomes...

Its the little things the make a game great...

It's the variety that makes a game good...

I played nearly 50 matches in the demo....Ive only seen less than 20 TKO's(mostly by me from a Full mount GnP) a couple of Subs(from the CPU) and a hand full of decisions.....

Oh yeah...

Im a DEFENSIVE Fighter

But Im still getting the game regardless of the KO rate(if that makes any of you happy)

I would just enjoy it even more if those LITTLE THINGS happen more often....

If not, CHOOP2k8 will still be go to game number 1...

Oh and one more thing.....

A knockdown should be treated as a knock down, a person should not get up so fast as if his back was on fire...

A lil less arcade and a lil more Sim is all I'm asking for...

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-10-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

What part was I wrong about? Could you also post the videos of guys taking 4-6 unblocked power shots to the head before being KO'ed for my viewing pleasure.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
What part was I wrong about? Could you also post the videos of guys taking 4-6 unblocked power shots to the head before being KO'ed for my viewing pleasure.
Jukeman please do not include ROCKY footage...lol
Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
RunandShoot, that you?
Who is Run and Shoot? Why do I remind you of him?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #40
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
We dont want to be able to strike a person in the head 4-6 times in a row with out any damage done..
Guess I should have put a ' between the N and the T...

Also Machida wasnt "one punch KO'd"....

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »