Home

Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

This is a discussion on Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Your New UFC / WWE THQ Community Manager

Tank,

Is there such a thing as a hidden 'chin' rating in this game or are the flash KO's completely randomized? It doesn't seem like there's much rhyme or reason as to when a flash KO happens, nor does it seem to matter who you pick(whether that person is known for having a good chin or not). Flash KO frequency in general needs to be reduced dramatically; they should be pretty rare occurrences...I don't think most would mind if more of those KO's were exchanged for 'rocked' states.

Another major complaint is the submissions. I know there's a learning curve, but the computer seems quite superior in their ability to resist and execute submissions than the player does. There needs to be greater balance to this system and some sort of in depth explanation of how to execute/defend against it efficiently.

Last edited by eko718; 05-28-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9

REVERSALS need to be addressed. Anyone can pull one of with ease no matter what the situation. Kimbo was reversing me when I was mir and had top mount! Unexceptable
Old 05-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #43
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Tank,

Is there such a thing as a hidden 'chin' rating in this game or are the flash KO's completely randomized? It doesn't seem like there's much rhyme or reason as to when a flash KO happens, nor does it seem to matter who you pick(whether that person is known for having a good chin or not). Flash KO frequency in general needs to be reduced dramatically; they should be pretty rare occurrences...I don't think most would mind if more of those KO's were exchanged for 'rocked' states.

Another major complaint is the submissions. I know there's a learning curve, but the computer seems quite superior in their ability to resist and execute submissions than the player does. There needs to be greater balance to this system and some sort of in depth explanation of how to execute/defend against it efficiently.
You should use the term One Punch KO's instead of Flash so there wont be any confusion..

Also, I guess I'll should post this here:

Im convinced that mostly EVERY fighter in the game has their AI set to Aggressive...

-Fact that GSP rarely goes for a takedown and superman punch, back spin kick the entire fight gives me every reason to believe so...

-Every pre-created fighter in the CAF mode is set to Aggressive beside maybe 3 guys...This gives me more evidence that I may be right...

-I created two guys and set them to be aggressive fighters...They fought like Mike Tyson the whole time...

-I set the two guys to be Passive, this time they were less aggressive but they still didn't not work the jab enough (could be move set related)

-I recreated both guys and gave them the MMA(wrestling) move set template, set their attributes in a fitting manner as well as setting both guys to be ground grapplers...They were less aggressive and the match actually went to the ground most of the time and it ended in a decision...

Tested in CPU vs CPU On Expert BTW

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-29-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
You should use the term One Punch KO's instead of Flash so there wont be any confusion..

Also, I guess I'll should post this here:

Im convinced that mostly EVERY fighter in the game has their AI set to Aggressive...

-Fact that GSP rarely goes for a takedown and superman punch, back spin kick the entire fight gives me every reason to believe so...

-Every pre-created fighter in the CAF mode is set to Aggressive beside maybe 3 guys...This gives me more evidence that I may be right...

-I created two guys and set them to be aggressive fighters...They fought like Mike Tyson the whole time...

-I set the two guys to be Passive, this time they were less aggressive but they still didn't not work the jab enough (could be move set related)

-I recreated both guys and gave them the MMA(wrestling) move set template, set their attributes in a fitting manner as well as setting both guys to be ground grapplers...They were less aggressive and the match actually went to the ground most of the time and it ended in a decision...

Tested in CPU vs CPU On Expert BTW
Well I hope that is the case, because it seems like it would be easy to patch the CPU fighters AI instead of messing with punching power.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:07 AM   #45
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Well I hope that is the case, because it seems like it would be easy to patch the CPU fighters AI instead of messing with punching power.
Last year it seem like they reduced the stiking power instead of adjusting the Rocked/KO rate which def needs tweaking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Last year it seem like they reduced the stiking power instead of adjusting the Rocked/KO rate which def needs tweaking
I agree that the KO rate needs to be tweaked, but the striking power is fine. They need too rework the stamina system so it is more costly to throw the big power strikes and maybe add a punch accuracy stat (or just make it a part of the standing strikes offenst stat).
Old 05-29-2010, 02:21 AM   #47
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I have YET to finish a submission... but when the computer gets me in a submission my guy taps every single time.

It doesn't even pay to use fighters with a high submission rate....because it seems to never work for the human player anyway.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #48
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
I agree that the KO rate needs to be tweaked, but the striking power is fine. They need too rework the stamina system so it is more costly to throw the big power strikes and maybe add a punch accuracy stat (or just make it a part of the standing strikes offenst stat).
Yup stamina will def help the aggressiveness of fighters as well

My biggest gamplay issues are:

Stamina
KO vs Rocked ratio
3 transition rule
AI aggressiveness
Stats not meaning anything
Subs
Ref quick standup...
and of course all of the exploits...

I think an improved stamina rate will knock off maybe half of the problems I listed above..

If they fixed those things, I would be happy..

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-29-2010 at 02:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »