Home

Dana White Response to Fedor Loss

This is a discussion on Dana White Response to Fedor Loss within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Dana White Response to Fedor Loss

I knew his response would be bad, but this is overboard even for Dana. Disregarding all of Fedor's accomplishments b/c of one loss is just comical (I don't remember Dana saying this about GSP when Matt Serra knocked him out). And if Fedor called up today and agreed to sign with the UFC, I highly doubt Dana would turn away from the opportunity.

But on the flip side, I don't blame him from a business perspective for saying stuff like this. Tear down the competition and the one fighter that rejected your offer when the opportunity presented itself.

Quote:
"Nope. Now I don't have to hear about him anymore. I like it.... He has star power? Nobody cares. Do you realize this is something that's been created by the mixed martial arts media? Do you know how many people watched his fight the other night? 400,000 people watched it. The guy has absolutely no star power. They sold no tickets to that fight, either.... Here's the problem, the guy loses and gets to fight one of these guys? I've been saying for years this guy isn't all that. He's not great. Everybody's talking about how great this guy is, no he's not. Now he should deserve to come into the UFC and fight the best? No way!... The guys who fight in the UFC are fighting the very best three times a year. This guy hasn't fought anybody since 2005. The media created him and hyped him up. Not me. What do you want me to say? This is what I've been saying?"
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/30/15...or-emelianenko
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Dana White Response to Fedor Loss

You can't blame Dana for speaking the truth.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Most of what he said was true, but I disagree that Fedor is "not great."

I still think he's a top-tier HW.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

I think Dana is letting his ego get the better of him. What if Fedor gets a rematch, and wins? I like Dana more than Fedor, but Dana needs to put his personal feelings aside and be more professional. He always attacks those who he feels are overrated, but as soon as they want to sign on the dotted line he acts like nothing ever happened. I wish somebody would call Dana out for once, and see if he has the guts to step up to the plate.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

A lot of what he said was true. Fedor is not a money draw and is at the tail end of his career. He is still a top tier HW however but I cant blame Dana for rubbing salt in the wound when the guy has been making comments about the UFC as well. Im sure if Fedor called and wanted to come to the UFC that Dana would jump at the chance, everything he says is his way of trying to motivate Fedor into signing to "prove him wrong", he did the same thing with Kimbo and Kimbo ended up signing to TUF so its not like it hasnt worked in the past. I know its easy to rip Dana but its this very attitude that has gotten the UFC and MMA as a whole to the level its at today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Yea, I see nothing wrong w/ what he said. Of course Fedor is a top tier HW, but other than that, Dana spoke the truth.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

"The media created him and hyped him up. Not me." Hahahaha!!! That's exactly what happens with the UFC fighters. The UFC hypes up its own guys so that their fights look more impressive. I'm a fan of the UFC, but come on.

By the way, the media didn't hype Fedor, the fans did. We all watch his fights and see how good he is. We're not idiots. Fedor is a great fighter who would most likely run through the UFC's heavyweight division. Sorry.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
"The media created him and hyped him up. Not me." Hahahaha!!! That's exactly what happens with the UFC fighters. The UFC hypes up its own guys so that their fights look more impressive. I'm a fan of the UFC, but come on.

By the way, the media didn't hype Fedor, the fans did. We all watch his fights and see how good he is. We're not idiots. Fedor is a great fighter who would most likely run through the UFC's heavyweight division. Sorry.
No he wouldn't. Besides that, I hope Dana rips him some more. I want to see this great fighter against the best, SF has 2 quality opponents he could face..

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »