Home

EA Sports MMA Video: Jacare vs. Miller (Creative Director Vs. Lead Tester)

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: Jacare vs. Miller (Creative Director Vs. Lead Tester) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Jacare vs. Miller (Creative Director Vs. Lead Tester)

I still have to play the demo but that video shows a lot of positives. It was so nice to see stamina working like that. I'm very content with how that plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Everyone get yo asses ready because it looks like we have a great MMA game for our OS league. After you try the demo if you are planning on getting the game hit me up or the thread up in the MMA online section. This is going to be a kick *** experience
Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #27
Rookie

russwg1970's Arena

OVR: 5
This game is looking better and better. I'm not digging the speed much either, but I really want to try the demo. The video commentary was great, thanks.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
man this game looks good cant wait for the demo
Old 09-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

This video does look awsome. I have a question about Jacare's stamina
though......

When Miller starts the triangle Jacare has 0 stamina. Then as soon as the battle begins it fills up to almost full. What is happening here?

Also, does the AI fight reasonably smart? Are we able to have good back
and forth battles like in this vid?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #30

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeejay
though......

When Miller starts the triangle Jacare has 0 stamina. Then as soon as the battle begins it fills up to almost full. What is happening here?

I was concerned about this too but if you notice, throughout the fight, the bar that holds his stamina decreases in size. I think they referred to it as "permanent stamina." The more stamina you use, the smaller the container for stamina gets. So, it may increase back to its peak but through the fight that peak decreases.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeejay
though......

Yea what Dave is saying.

The yellow bar is the TEMP stamina. Which decreases for any action you are doing. But replenishes when you are not using any stamina.

The bar that houses the yellow bar is the PERMANENT stamina. This bar then decreases with things such as body shots, leg kicks, slams, etc. Once this bar is decreased it does not replenish.

So what most likely happened there is this.

1) He was trying hard to pass or get out the ground game and was using alot of stamina. So the TEMP stamina was low.

2) Then the submission was locked on and he quit all actions to attempt to regain some stamina to fight off the choke.

3) Stamina then starts to refill ONLY up until the max the PERMANENT stamina will allow.

Just my guess on the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #32
EA Sports MMA Animation Director

Anim8or's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea what Dave is saying.

The yellow bar is the TEMP stamina. Which decreases for any action you are doing. But replenishes when you are not using any stamina.

The bar that houses the yellow bar is the PERMANENT stamina. This bar then decreases with things such as body shots, leg kicks, slams, etc. Once this bar is decreased it does not replenish.

So what most likely happened there is this.

1) He was trying hard to pass or get out the ground game and was using alot of stamina. So the TEMP stamina was low.

2) Then the submission was locked on and he quit all actions to attempt to regain some stamina to fight off the choke.

3) Stamina then starts to refill ONLY up until the max the PERMANENT stamina will allow.

Just my guess on the situation.
Yeah that's pretty much spot on. You lose permanent stamina the most if you are playing too aggressively on the ground (mashing, trying to pass too often, being denied, etc..) Taking repeated body shots will also decrease your permanent stamina, but you will most often find yourself hosed when your opponent is being calm and patient on the ground and you are freaking out.

If you have low "current" stamina when you start a submission you are at a large disadvantage because the more stamina you have when you press the button (for joints) or find the vibration (for chokes), the more you push the battle in your direction. (so in other words, the button press is worth the most at max stamina). Guys who learn the battle recognize they are better off letting their stamina regain before they start hitting the button, however this is a precious second or two if your opponent takes advantage of it. Also to prevent ENDLESS battles (which we had at one point) the value of the button presses also increase the longer the battle goes, so the longer the battle lasts the more important it is to let some stamina come back.
Electronic Arts Tiburon
-------------------------------------------

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »