Home

Constructive feedback about EA MMA

This is a discussion on Constructive feedback about EA MMA within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #41
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Constructive feedback about EA MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I want them to tone down how good the AI is at locking in choke subs. On lengend its pretty much instant tap. Even if you have a great run its like the AI never moves off the sweet spot.

I vote for the accel clock. Well thats assuming they fix the judges scoring. No point in having matches go to a decision when the scores end up so messed up and illogical.

Thats all for now but Im sure I will had more later.
Hopefully they can fix the judges scoring with a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #42
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Ha, also, who's the jerk who added "Meth" to the censored name list. IT'S MY LAST NAME! Now whenever I fight online, I show up as "Mike ****." I really wish I could use my name...
WOW, they fixed this! My name shows up now lol. Color me very impressed. Great job, EA!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #43
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
-Re brand the game to Strikeforce MMA
If they do that then they can only use Strikeforce signed fighters, strikeforce rules set only and strikeforce arenas only. Which means no unified rules set, no vale tudo rules set and no japanese rules set. Then you can't fight in Japan or Brazil. Can't fight in a boxing ring, etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
If they do that then they can only use Strikeforce signed fighters, strikeforce rules set only and strikeforce arenas only. Which means no unified rules set, no vale tudo rules set and no japanese rules set. Then you can't fight in Japan or Brazil. Can't fight in a boxing ring, etc.
That's not entirely true. EA NHL has implemented other leagues in their games. Just because you brand it as a specific major league doesn't mean you can't still implement other minor leagues in that same game.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #45
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by st67
That's not entirely true. EA NHL has implemented other leagues in their games. Just because you brand it as a specific major league doesn't mean you can't still implement other minor leagues in that same game.
That is what I was thinking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #46
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Some things I'd like to see from a presentation standpoint:

1. Add in more diverse and varied commentary lines with less repetition. I'd also like to hear more talk/information about the fighters themselves during the fight.

2. Longer and more involved ring entrances. It'd be cool to see guys like Mayhem Miller and Mo Lawal with their wild choreographed ring entrances with the women dancing around, etc...

3. I'd like to see the fighters getting "prepped" for the fight by the cut men before they enter the cage/ring, while the announcers give us some background information about each fighter's style/record/whatever.

4. The corner men's voices between rounds sound terrible and cheesy. EA also needs to get better and more varied dialogue along the lines of what UFC Undisputed uses between rounds for the corner men.

5. I like that the corner men yell instructions during the fight, but again, I would just like the dialogue to be more diverse and less cheesy sounding.

6. It would be cool to see your corner guys behind the fighters holding the "sponsor" banners while the fighter is being introduced by the ring announcer.

7. The referee/fighter interaction is one of the weakest aspects of the in-ring action (which is actually a good thing!) and it kind of detracts from the MMA "experience" a little bit.

First off, the referee needs to be standing closer to the fighters when they are in the ring. As it stands now, the referees are a little too far away from the action. This is especially true when the fighters are on the ground, the referee is nowhere even close to the action. If you are "stalling" on the ground, all of the sudden, way off in the distance, you hear a voice telling you guys to "break it up" and get back on your feet. The referee is just too far removed from the action IMHO.

What needs to happen is that the ref needs to be right up on the action when you are fighting on the ground saying: "Lets work guys, come on, lets work or I will stand you up", and then (if the fighters fail to keep working or trying to advance position) the referee physically comes in, separates the two fighters and stands them up just like in real life.

I'd also like to see the referee's involvement in fight stoppages work the same way. It is kind of anti-climactic to get a knockout in this game, because you simply beat on a guys face until his head stops moving, and then your fighter stands up and starts celebrating. Again, the referee needs to be right up on the action imploring the fighter in trouble to defend himself or the referee will stop the fight. When the "downed" fighter refuses to/can't intelligently defend himself anymore (or he gets knocked completely out) then the referee needs to physically jump in and protect the defenseless fighter (stopping the fight) just like in real life.

The same thing needs to happen with submissions, as we never see the fighter being submitted "tap", and the referee just kind of stands in the background and says the fight is over. The referee never physically comes in and stops the fight just as he would in real life.

I just think more realistic referee involvement would give even more authenticity to the in-ring action as well as add a whole new level of excitement and realism to fight stoppages.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 11-07-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #47
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
WOW, they fixed this! My name shows up now lol. Color me very impressed. Great job, EA!
THEY ****ING RE-CENSORED MY NAME! WHAT THE ****!!?!?!?!?!?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
THEY ****ING RE-CENSORED MY NAME! WHAT THE ****!!?!?!?!?!?
When you use the short form for an illegal drug that really ****s people up, what exactly do you expect?

Last edited by st67; 11-12-2010 at 11:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »