Home

UFC 131 (Vancouver): Carwin vs. Dos Santos

This is a discussion on UFC 131 (Vancouver): Carwin vs. Dos Santos within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: UFC 131 (Vancouver): Carwin vs. Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
I think it's more of Dos Santos getting tired of beating up Roy. Roy's belly and his "defense" in that fight especially prolonged the fight, because Junior was hitting him with those nasty body shots that Roy probably didn't feel and Roy's entire standup defense consisted of him holding his hands up super high. Carwin absolutely will not have the luxury of doing that because Junior is smart and would attack the body, and this time I'm guessing it will hurt.

I do agree though that Junior is very susceptible to getting hit and obviously Carwin has some ridiculous power, but I don't think Carwin is going to land first. Carwin has apparently hooked up with a new nutritionist (check out the Camp Carwin series) where he's made strides in his health and endurance, but I don't think it comes into play in this fight. Carwin probably has more power, but is definitely slower then Junior. My mind thinks JDS in the first via KO.

The weird thing is I could easily see Carwin beating Cain, but then I think Cain will beat JDS.
I agree that Dos Santos wins by ko early his handspeed and boxing ability is too much 4 most heavyweights plus he's accurate... Carwin has power and that's it, no speed or cardio. Skills always overcome power remember that.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #34
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Lots of cheap seats available for this event (down to $20 at stubhub). Lots of people thought the demand would be liike the first card last year but it's not even close.

With the Canucks in the Stanley Cup Finals, this event will get very little press locally and nationally.

There are lots of fighters on the main card who are no namers. Even I have no idea who Diego Nunes is and I'm a hardcore UFC fan that watches every card.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #35
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCitySportsGuy
Lots of cheap seats available for this event (down to $20 at stubhub). Lots of people thought the demand would be liike the first card last year but it's not even close.

With the Canucks in the Stanley Cup Finals, this event will get very little press locally and nationally.

There are lots of fighters on the main card who are no namers. Even I have no idea who Diego Nunes is and I'm a hardcore UFC fan that watches every card.
Well it is Nunes UFC debut. I'm glad guys like Nunes get to show up on UFC cards because WEC fights were usually more enjoyable and 'fun' to watch than UFCs. I'm not a huge WEC homer or even watched every event but more times than not I was floored by the action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #36
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I can't wait to see how this "Carwin 2.0" looks. Seems like it's a bit overblown, but I understand what's going on.

Wasn't Carwin in trouble for possible steroid use not to long ago. I think he has lost a lot of muscle and will be leaner and quicker, but not quick enough. I got Dos Santos by ko in the second.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #37
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Wasn't Carwin in trouble for possible steroid use not to long ago. I think he has lost a lot of muscle and will be leaner and quicker, but not quick enough. I got Dos Santos by ko in the second.
He never got completely named or got in trouble. Some thing named athletes by first initial in first and last name. The description was an MMA fighter SC
Old 06-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Re: UFC 131 (Vancouver): Carwin vs. Dos Santos

As far Shane Carwin and steroids... I think thats credible speculation just look in his eyes. I always felt like he was juiced up, not only him but chael sonnen and look what happened after the silva fight... BUSTED!!! The fight game needs olympic testing like Floyd Mayweather suggest, but of course nobody wants to hear it til somebody unfornatenate fighter is badly hurt or even worse... killed... yea I said it
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #39

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by umfrumDC
As far Shane Carwin and steroids... I think thats credible speculation just look in his eyes. I always felt like he was juiced up, not only him but chael sonnen and look what happened after the silva fight... BUSTED!!! The fight game needs olympic testing like Floyd Mayweather suggest, but of course nobody wants to hear it til somebody unfornatenate fighter is badly hurt or even worse... killed... yea I said it
Give me a break, like anyone thought Sonnen was on steroids prior to the failed test, I love how everyone is an expert after the fact. Im absolutely shocked that you havent mentioned Lesnar since your throwing wild speculation out there about Carwin based on looking in his eyes.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #40
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Give me a break, like anyone thought Sonnen was on steroids prior to the failed test, I love how everyone is an expert after the fact. Im absolutely shocked that you havent mentioned Lesnar since your throwing wild speculation out there about Carwin based on looking in his eyes.
/Gf
I never knew you could tell by looking in there eyes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »