Home

UFC Personal Trainer 360 impressions.

This is a discussion on UFC Personal Trainer 360 impressions. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #33
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC Personal Trainer 360 impressions.

Thanks for the impressions so far guys, interested to see how everyone feels about this game at a month or so of use.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #34
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Well today I started working out with UFC Personal Trainer for the Kinect.

My first impression:

Microsoft needs to improve the Kinect's ability to pick up accurate movements. Several times as with any of their workout fitness programs, the Kinect would not pick up certain movements especially when on the floor.

I started with a 60 day weight cut and it takes you thru a fitness test to see where you are at. The following was the test:

Sit ups: Did not accurately record which was frustrating.
Push ups: Counted everyone perfectly.
Jumping Jacks: Counted everyone perfectly.

Here were a few movements that I struggled to get registered.

Sit ups, Forward Lunges with a twist, a few side holding lunges.

There were a few issues I had with this that hopefully will improve once I get better with how it registers the movements. The initial warm up is a complete waste of time that you just can't seem to get around. It is not a warm up nor did it "get my blood flowing" or my "heart rate up." Also there is too much time spent making you go through the movements to see if you are getting it right. Heck most of my workout was trying to get the forward lunges with a twist to accurately register.

I was so pissed spending so much time with that one movement that I turned it off. Which leads to another issue, no way to save your current progress unless you complete the entire workout. So basically it seems that you would be screwed if you made it towards the end but didn't finish because you had another pressing issue such as time. It is also hard to figure out how long the program is going to take as it just seems to drag on with too much loading and talking between each exercise.

Did I get a decent workout, yes! But right now I must say that I am going to need more time and patience as I still feel like they need to speed things up as not everyone has what seems all day to get a workout done.

Last edited by Rules; 07-24-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #35
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I'm curious...disregarding any space related incidents,has anyone gotten injured? Seems to be at least 2 training related injures per card so I was wondering about this. If it's supposed to be the real works I would think it a possibility. By space incidents I mean something like smashing a light bulb while doing jumping jacks or your hand hitting the wall while stretching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #36
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'm curious...disregarding any space related incidents,has anyone gotten injured? Seems to be at least 2 training related injures per card so I was wondering about this. If it's supposed to be the real works I would think it a possibility. By space incidents I mean something like smashing a light bulb while doing jumping jacks or your hand hitting the wall while stretching.
The game doesn't push you hard enough to get injured in my opinion. When it comes to space related injuries, I can see how that would happen. Now I am sore from working out but to be honest, I almost hurt my hand wanting to punch something when the stupid kinect would not register my forward lunges and then criticize me for not hitting the goal requirement.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #37
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

So you folks still sticking to this? Is it working at all?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #38
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am a bit late to the party. But I was given this for my birthday a few weeks ago, and figured I would give quick impressions. (Kinect)

At it's core, it does the job. I have been able to work up a sweat and it is a nice change of pace from my regular routine. So I give it a passing grade.

But as other have mentioned, it comes with some annoyances. There is a UFC coach guiding you through the workouts, but there are also some arrows telling you what to do. And they don't always jive with one another. In fact, they often contradict each other. One tells you to go left, while the other goes right. One says to go faster, the other tells you to go slower. Ugh, annoying.

As has been mentioned, when doing a workout routine, the coach demos the move and makes you do 3 practice reps every time. The game knows I have already done this exercise 20+ times. In fact I did it earlier in the routine.

Anytime you stand up or lie down, the game pauses as a narrater comes on telling you to get up or down, and then hitting "Ok". I don't understand the need for this.

The game recognizes movement pretty well, but not always. Few things are more aggravating than working out and not having it register. But this seems to be an issue with other exercise games that I have tried, so I won't ding them for this one.

The coaches are VERY repetitive. You expect it in a game like this, but it is excessive. Some times they will say the same thing back to back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »