Home

UFC: Aldo vs Korean Zombie - Aug. 3

This is a discussion on UFC: Aldo vs Korean Zombie - Aug. 3 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #121
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: UFC: Aldo vs Korean Zombie - Aug. 3

I just heard that Aldo is being hospitalized for kidney stones too. Ouch.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #122
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Nope. They're in the sport to win and/or make money whichever way they deem fit. You know which guys will do so by putting on a show and which will not by now.
Actually Machida has definitely been a great showman, just in 2013, he's been a dud.

His style in the past two fights has been as bad as Askren and Fitch.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #123
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Actually Machida has definitely been a great showman, just in 2013, he's been a dud.

His style in the past two fights has been as bad as Askren and Fitch.
I dont know about that. Watch some of his fights again. Take away the finishes and most of his fights have been duds. He finished Evans, Couture and Bader but those fights were boring as hell.

Machida is a great fighter for the MMA purist (like me) but my casual friends hate watching him fight. They know that if he doesnt get the perfect counter opportunity, he's going to fight defensive and hardly attack. The Rua loss was the worst thing that happened to him. After that KO, he lost the little aggression that he had.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #124
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

I think also that people have figured out what he's about. Nobody is going to do anything silly and leave themselves open to a counter.

Regardless, my point and the point of combat sports is to put on a show. You can win but if you don't put on a any sort of a show then nobody's going to pay to watch you.

Floyd has a way of putting on a show. Benson and GSP, though haven't finished anyone, have been active and try to entertain to a degree.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #125
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I think also that people have figured out what he's about. Nobody is going to do anything silly and leave themselves open to a counter.

Regardless, my point and the point of combat sports is to put on a show. You can win but if you don't put on a any sort of a show then nobody's going to pay to watch you.

Floyd has a way of putting on a show. Benson and GSP, though haven't finished anyone, have been active and try to entertain to a degree.
Couldnt agree more. I think you saw it with Davis. He refused to get impatient like Bader did and get Ko'd. He learned from that fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #126
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle!
Aldo is super human. Forget the Zombies separated shoulder, he broke his foot in the first round. Much more impressive.

Speedy recovery to both. Chan and Aldo.
my thoughts are that Zombie in some way freaks out Aldo. I'd personally LOVE to see a rematch. Even though Aldo may have been "winning" I've never seen Aldo look like that and I was most surprised by how fast Zombie was! Memories of the Garcia fight he looked like a 2-bit piece of crap and I loved how entertaining that fight was BUT never thought Zombie could/would become skilled/talented ...

I want the rematch because I think Zombie's style really messes with Aldo's head. Aldo's movement was fine, he wasn't throwing the leg kicks (because of the broken foot perhaps although I certainly couldn't tell) ... it was a very interesting fight when initially I thought it was total crap matchup. Can zombie be the Kryptonite!? ... The combo's of Zombie caught Aldo a couple of times and he fliched a lot, he just wasn't in a normal flow and I think it's because zombie in one way or another just effs him up a bit for timing or just weirds him out in general.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #127
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
my thoughts are that Zombie in some way freaks out Aldo. I'd personally LOVE to see a rematch. Even though Aldo may have been "winning" I've never seen Aldo look like that and I was most surprised by how fast Zombie was! Memories of the Garcia fight he looked like a 2-bit piece of crap and I loved how entertaining that fight was BUT never thought Zombie could/would become skilled/talented ...

I want the rematch because I think Zombie's style really messes with Aldo's head. Aldo's movement was fine, he wasn't throwing the leg kicks (because of the broken foot perhaps although I certainly couldn't tell) ... it was a very interesting fight when initially I thought it was total crap matchup. Can zombie be the Kryptonite!? ... The combo's of Zombie caught Aldo a couple of times and he fliched a lot, he just wasn't in a normal flow and I think it's because zombie in one way or another just effs him up a bit for timing or just weirds him out in general.
After Aldo broke his foot 2 minutes into the round it almost makes everything that happened after it abnormal. Not sure Zombie had anything to due with Aldo's head.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #128
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere

You havent seen pics of his extremely deformed foot the minute he broke the foot? Your whole explanation above is like 1+1=6. Here are the facts:

Aldo throws tons of leg kicks in every fight and its perhaps his best weapon.

+

Aldo broke his foot on the first kick he threw.

+

Aldo only threw one more kick the rest of the fight.

=

Aldo's broken foot was the reason he threw so few leg kicks.

"Fear" had nothing to do with it. I love Zombie but the bottom line is he lost 3 rounds to an Aldo with a broken foot and who couldnt use his best weapon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »