Home

UFC on FS1 - Sonnen v. Rua and Overeem v. Browne - August 17

This is a discussion on UFC on FS1 - Sonnen v. Rua and Overeem v. Browne - August 17 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC on FS1 - Sonnen v. Rua and Overeem v. Browne - August 17

Yuri Alcantara vs. Urijah Faber
Matt Brown vs. Thiago Alves
Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson

In addition to the other fights posted already, I'm pumped for these three in particular. I'm pretty sure Faber will win, but I'd like to see Yuri take that one. He's no slouch and it would make the division a bit more interesting to me.

Matt Brown has been on a roll lately, while Alves has been inconsistent. Alves has also been out for over a year, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he looks after the layoff. I like both guys a lot, just hoping to see a good fight.

If Michael Johnson can survive Lauzon's first round of fury and keep it standing he might be able to make it interesting. If he ends up on the ground it's over. I'd love to see Johnson go on a decent run and J-Lau would be a great name to add to the mantle.

Other fights on the card:
Uriah Hall vs. Nick Ring
Mike Brown vs. Akira Corassani
Andy Ogle vs. Conor McGregor
Ovince St. Preux vs. Cody Donovan
Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick
Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Michael Johnson is a good striker, but is complete garbage off his back. It makes no sense that the fight was made either. MJ is one loss away from being cut while Lauzon is one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC. This was a match made to get him back in the win column.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #11
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

It will be interesting to see if Uriah Hall comes out flat again. Dude put up one of the most disappointing performances I have seen in a long time at the TUF finale. He would kill Gastellum if he wanted too. Dude has the potential. Don't really like his attitude though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #12
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
It will be interesting to see if Uriah Hall comes out flat again. Dude put up one of the most disappointing performances I have seen in a long time at the TUF finale. He would kill Gastellum if he wanted too. Dude has the potential. Don't really like his attitude though.
He arguably won that fight. It isn't like he got straight dominated and finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
Not enough to get me to spend the money to see my first MMA event live, but definitely a watchable card.
I wish they would come back to Cincinnati. They haven't been here since Franklin/Anderson 2 and that was like 6 years ago.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #13
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
He arguably won that fight. It isn't like he got straight dominated and finished.

I wish they would come back to Cincinnati. They haven't been here since Franklin/Anderson 2 and that was like 6 years ago.
Still don't think Hall has the right attitude yet. This past season of TUF was awesome though. Definitely a boost from some of the previous seasons. I felt like there was a ton of talent. Also felt that two of the best fighters on the show were the two last picks in Gastellum and Dylan Andrews. I have a feeling this next season is going to be aweful.

I really despise that Bubba McDaniels guy. Not only did he screw a deserving Clint Hester from the wild card by brown nosing. Dude was the only fighter that I have ever seen that was 100% truly scared to fight. His fight with Hall was pathetic. That's a guy I never want to see in the UFC. Dude almost cried when he got paired up with Hall in the semis.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
All Star

redsrule's Arena

I agree that it was a great season of TUF. The best since TUF 14? with the featherweights and bantamweights. There are quite a few fighters from this season that have the potential to make some waves in the UFC.

I wouldn't be pissed at Bubba for that, that is all Jones fault. He picked Bubba. Bubba still manned up and fought Hall, he didn't quit like people have in the past. He got caught coming in and finished. I'm not a fan of Bubba either, but he is going to be in the UFC for a little while most likely since he won on the finale.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #15
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

Hope Rua knocks his teeth out. I can't stand Sonnen, hes all talk.

Chelsea FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Pumped for this card. Stacked! Overeem vs Browne is a HUGE fight for both guys. I'm probably most excited for that one. Chael vs Shogun is simply whether or not Chael can take him down at will. My guess is yes, especially in the later rounds. But he's got to make it to the later rounds...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »