Home

UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas

This is a discussion on UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2015, 02:22 AM   #105
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: UFC 194 - Aldo v. McGregor/Weidman v. Rockhold - Dec. 12 - Vegas

I'd think a rematch should be on the shortlist of the next fights for any new champion, but the rest of the context has to be considered, like turnaround for the rematch and worthy contenders.

Outside of that and specifics, just not invested enough to care. Weidman I think is less polarizing and has earned less of the irrational sports love/hate that fans typically let influence that kind of banter/debate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 02:32 AM   #106
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Olé, olé, olé, olé

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-13-2015, 03:40 AM   #107
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
So let's talk MMA Logic.

If Rousey and Aldo deserve rematches why doesn't Weidman?

Out of Weidman, Aldo, and Rousey, Weidman is the only one who at points in his fight was in control (Weidman was looking good in the third until the spinning kick), yet not a single person is clamoring for a Weidman rematch.

The MMA Logic seems inconsistent to me on this one. Aldo and Rousey got KTFO. Weidman got pummeled but at least did something in his fight. Why doesn’t Weidman deserve a rematch if Aldo and Rousey do? Aldo was unbeaten for years and years, Ronda was undefeated, and Weidman was undefeated who beat the GOAT twice.

My answer: None of them do. I love Ronda, she shouldn’t be fighting Holly next. I like Aldo, and think he is a true HOFer, but he doesn’t deserve a rematch either, and of course neither does Weidman, just using him as an example.
No one believes Ronda deserves an instant rematch. The only reason she's getting one is because she'll cash out. Aldo isn't getting an instant rematch, it's been confirmed that McGregor is either fighting the winner of RDA/Cerrone at 155 or Edgar at 145. Weidman flat out got dominated and outclassed for 3 rounds (he held his own in the first round), he is the least deserving of an instant rematch. And this is coming from a Weidman fan.

Chelsea FC
Old 12-13-2015, 04:12 AM   #108
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I wouldnt call it dissapointing. Dissapointing is when two dudes dance around the ring for 5 rounds barely touching each other and we got a snooze fest of a decision. Jose got knocked the F out, point blank. Cant fault Connor for getting it done in record time.
It was disappointing to me. Two super dynamic fighters that I have always enjoyed watching have a three punch 14 second fight. I don't mind the outcome I just was really looking forward to some excellent striking from both.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:19 AM   #109
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

A beautifully placed left

Spoiler
Old 12-13-2015, 04:52 AM   #110
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
So let's talk MMA Logic.

Out of Weidman, Aldo, and Rousey, Weidman is the only one who at points in his fight was in control (Weidman was looking good in the third until the spinning kick), yet not a single person is clamoring for a Weidman rematch.

The MMA Logic seems inconsistent to me on this one. Aldo and Rousey got KTFO. Weidman got pummeled but at least did something in his fight. Why doesn’t Weidman deserve a rematch if Aldo and Rousey do? Aldo was unbeaten for years and years, Ronda was undefeated, and Weidman was undefeated who beat the GOAT twice.

My answer: None of them do. I love Ronda, she shouldn’t be fighting Holly next. I like Aldo, and think he is a true HOFer, but he doesn’t deserve a rematch either, and of course neither does Weidman, just using him as an example.

Dominance that's why. Ronda was dominating her division before her Holm loss. So was Aldo. Weidman defended the belt 3 times but I don't believe he wasn't as dominant as them.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #111
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
So let's talk MMA Logic.

Rousey is getting a rematch because of $$$. Aldo was champion for 10 straight years but I agree shouldn't get a rematch right away, it was a 13 second match, nothing else needs to be said. Weidman you could make a case for because it was a somewhat close fight up until that spinning kick in the third. But I think that fight is going to Romero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #112
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Aldo is going to murder whoever he fights next.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »