Home

UFC Fight Night: Johnson vs. Reis (4-15-2017)

This is a discussion on UFC Fight Night: Johnson vs. Reis (4-15-2017) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #57
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC Fight Night: Johnson vs. Reis (4-15-2017)

UFC on Fox 24 Highlights DJ vs. Reis

Old 04-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #58
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Ray Borg is my go to fighter in the flyweight division. Smolka is cool, but I do damage with Ray Borg over most DJ users.
Yh Ray Borg is good too..you gotta take DJ down to use Borgs strengths though. That can be kinda tough against a decent player.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:30 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

DJ is very technical and the fight played out exactly like I thought it would. Reis had no business being in the cage. He is too slow and his ranking was way too high. There doesn't appear to be anyone left that can challenge DJ at 125.

Elliott has the ability and crazy style, but his cardio will have him fading in the 3rd.

DJ wants money, but no one watched the fight. Lowest rated FOX card ever. He either needs to move up or find some challengers in Asia.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #60
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
DJ is very technical and the fight played out exactly like I thought it would. Reis had no business being in the cage. He is too slow and his ranking was way too high. There doesn't appear to be anyone left that can challenge DJ at 125.

Elliott has the ability and crazy style, but his cardio will have him fading in the 3rd.

DJ wants money, but no one watched the fight. Lowest rated FOX card ever. He either needs to move up or find some challengers in Asia.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
This is the real issue here. DJ has already cleaned out the division and there is really no one at flyweight who is on par with him. His biggest challenges so far were Dodson and Elliott. The best thing for DJ to do now especially if he is looking to get paid, is to move back up to bantamweight for a superfight against the champion. If that doesn't work out, then maybe a rematch against Cruz.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-17-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #61
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

I just find it funny this was the lowest rated Fox show in history, but yet this could have been almost the perfect card of fights. It was a great show that people missed and it's there fault.

I'm sure other stuff on tv helped contribute to that number, but still people missed a great fox card with a history making moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #62
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
I just find it funny this was the lowest rated Fox show in history, but yet this could have been almost the perfect card of fights. It was a great show that people missed and it's there fault.

I'm sure other stuff on tv helped contribute to that number, but still people missed a great fox card with a history making moment.
Yup. I love watching DJ fight. He's the perfect example of what a true mma fighter should be like. Weak in no areas. He's definitely the goat at flyweight. On a side note, I hate fighting him on the game though lol.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #63
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

I agree that this was a really fun card from top to bottom, buuuut I think hardcore MMA fans just don't get that the casuals don't really care about the "little" dudes unless they can entertain on the mic and in front of the camera.

I think if we're being honest and real, it's no surprise this card was rated that low.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #64
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I didn't see one ad for this show either. If it wasn't for me still following a bunch of mma accounts on Twitter I would have forgotten about it.
So it's not all on MM imo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »