Home

UFC 221: Rockhold vs Romero

This is a discussion on UFC 221: Rockhold vs Romero within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #49
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 221: Rockhold vs Romero

Please may the MMA Gods bless us with a Romero Flying Knee KO and a Mark Hunt Walk Off KO.

Thank you,

Conor bless.

Last edited by TheJamesKraus; 02-10-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #50
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Ik you're joking but Rockhold doesn't shoot in and he's tall af. He's southpaw also. So the flying knee isn't really viable here.

I really can't see Romero winning this. I feel like Rockhold is susceptible to boxing combinations but Romero doesn't possess that ability. Rockhold shines in a singular strike kind of fight. Roundhouse's and check hooks all day.

Who you guys got in this one and how do you see it going?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #51
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Ik you're joking but Rockhold doesn't shoot in and he's tall af. He's southpaw also. So the flying knee isn't really viable here.

I really can't see Romero winning this. I feel like Rockhold is susceptible to boxing combinations but Romero doesn't possess that ability. Rockhold shines in a singular strike kind of fight. Roundhouse's and check hooks all day.

Who you guys got in this one and how do you see it going?
I think if Rockhold can make it out of Round 2 then he will coast and potentially get the choke in round 4. But as you said, he is susceptible to punches and although it is southpaw vs southpaw.. Machida blindsided Rockhold and connected on him a fair few times in their fight. If Romero can do the same it will be good night Irene.

I think Romero carrys the speed and power in this aswell as being very fast twitch, but we don't know how his weight cut will affect his performance. This is definitely Rockhold's fight to lose, if he loses I doubt he gets another shot at MW gold.

EDIT: I may be the only one but I'm actually way more excited for this fight than the original Whittaker - Rockhold.

Last edited by TheJamesKraus; 02-10-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #52
MVP

Preview & Review: UFC 221

UFC 221- Perth, Australia

This card should lead to some good fights, probably few finishes too.

Spoiler

Last edited by johnmangala; 02-18-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:21 PM   #53
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I think if Rockhold can make it out of Round 2 then he will coast and potentially get the choke in round 4. But as you said, he is susceptible to punches and although it is southpaw vs southpaw.. Machida blindsided Rockhold and connected on him a fair few times in their fight. If Romero can do the same it will be good night Irene.

I think Romero carrys the speed and power in this aswell as being very fast twitch, but we don't know how his weight cut will affect his performance. This is definitely Rockhold's fight to lose, if he loses I doubt he gets another shot at MW gold.

EDIT: I may be the only one but I'm actually way more excited for this fight than the original Whittaker - Rockhold.
I prefer this fight too actually.

Romero tends to coast quite a lot early and gets all his KO's in the third round though. He bursts then rests. Bursts then rests. What makes you say it's over for Romero if Rockhold gets out of the second?

It's obviously a possibility... but so is Romero knocking him out in the third. As we've seen him do several times.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #54
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I prefer this fight too actually.

Romero tends to coast quite a lot early and gets all his KO's in the third round though. He bursts then rests. Bursts then rests. What makes you say it's over for Romero if Rockhold gets out of the second?

It's obviously a possibility... but so is Romero knocking him out in the third. As we've seen him do several times.
I think the short camp doesn't help Romero at all, and the weight cut was pretty bad.. he looked very drained at the weigh ins. Romero's cardio issues are well known and so a short notice fight is the worst situation imaginable for him.

Add to that the fact that Rockhold will be blasting that body which will zap more gas from the tank.

I think Romero should go for broke early since Rockhold is a slow starter, there is no way he can pace himself and outlast Rockhold in this situation.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:31 PM   #55
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

What a finish by Tyson Pedro by the way!!!

Safarov was a massive underdog, I thought he was gonna pull off the win but then... kimura outta nowhere!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 10:34 PM   #56
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I think the short camp doesn't help Romero at all, and the weight cut was pretty bad.. he looked very drained at the weigh ins. Romero's cardio issues are well known and so a short notice fight is the worst situation imaginable for him.

Add to that the fact that Rockhold will be blasting that body which will zap more gas from the tank.

I think Romero should go for broke early since Rockhold is a slow starter, there is no way he can pace himself and outlast Rockhold in this situation.
Yeah, it's rough. Good points. Why the **** did you pick him then lol?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »