Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2004, 05:42 PM   #1473
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

I believe it means hes going through waviers.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:39 PM   #1474
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

MVPRosters is correct for the most part. I think the "designated for assignment" means the guy is out of options and the team has 10 days to release or trade the guy. And if he passes through waivers the player has the choice of accepting the minor league assignment or becoming a free agent. I think that is all pretty close to how it is. Someone out there please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:09 PM   #1475
Banned

OVR: 5

It pretty much means the team has 10 days to trade him, release him, or sign him to a minor league contract. If they don't trade him or sign him to minor league contract, he becomes a free agent. If he refuses to sign a minor league contract, he becomes a free agent. If he is traded and the team that trades for him offers him a minor league contract, he can turn down the contract and become a free agent.

A player has all the power in a situation like this. A team designates a player for assignment for two main reasons. The player is out of options, therefore cannot be sent back to the minors without the players consent, and the team wants to place another player on the 25-man and/or 40-man roster. To create the room they need to send someone down to the minors, release a player, or designate a player for assignment. The player has two choices. He can accept the assignment and report to the minor league club or reject the assignment and automatically become a free agent, free to sign with any other club.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 11:45 PM   #1476
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gomer, are you planning on releasing the new rosters on xbox for us xbox users?
Old 05-20-2004, 12:54 AM   #1477
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can someone help me i just got an xbox and i downloaded what i thought were gomers xbox roster files. However once i unzipped them there were like 6 files there? Can that be right what am i suppose to do drag all 6 into the action replay and it will turn them into 1?

Can someone please help

i can be emailed at [email protected]

Thanks
Old 05-20-2004, 01:42 AM   #1478
Banned

OVR: 5

I need people to test for me if the announcers say Kaz Matsui on the New York Mets for the Ps2 rosters I just released
I got the Xbox roster that is gonna be released tommorrow I know that one will say "Matsui"
some people claim they cannot hear Matsui, Please let me know ASAP
Old 05-20-2004, 08:53 AM   #1479
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
leaguesuone said:
Can someone help me i just got an xbox and i downloaded what i thought were gomers xbox roster files. However once i unzipped them there were like 6 files there? Can that be right what am i suppose to do drag all 6 into the action replay and it will turn them into 1?

Can someone please help

i can be emailed at [email protected]

Thanks

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Yes, just drag the .zip file to your action replay window. You don't need to unzip anything.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #1480
Rookie

OVR: 3

oh yea gomer, dont forget to release raul mondesi.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »