Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2004, 10:40 PM   #657
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Injury Updates For Use With Kerm\'s Rosters!

so is the roster with the players on dl bakc on the roster availbale.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:47 PM   #658
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

First of all The pitchers have their true velocity for the game to work properly. The velocity and control ratings were taken from a book of of 6300 players plus their accurate stats, and also their accurate pitches.
Also when you play your dynasty, you will not see the pitchers pulled up too quick and at all. This has been verified tested and believe me it works great.
The reason why the batters are rated lowered and the rating sheet because of talents in AA. Now when you go into dyanasty you will notice a big change instead of playing in exhibition. The players will perform like their counterparts. They still hit their homeruns and also their singles, doubles, and triples when they happen. Now if you want to go further, there is an editor in the game and you can change things the way you want them. This has been tested over and over and it works.

I hope this helps
Old 04-29-2004, 10:49 PM   #659
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Is this the same roster as ps2rosters.com???
Old 04-29-2004, 10:59 PM   #660
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
HustlinOwl said:
Is this the same roster as ps2rosters.com???

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I HIGHLY doubt it.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:05 PM   #661
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah it is, I just checked it!! No worries!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2004, 11:17 PM   #662
Pro

OVR: 8

a couple of questions:

1. Any word on whether this fixes the lefty bug and player progression for the PS2?
2. What's this about more ideas . . . are you working on more minor leaguers? Also, any chance of fixing steals if you have been able to fix these other problems?
3. I'm a little confused about this discussion regarding pitcher and batter ratings. I haven't used the rosters yet but I was did not understand the last post trying to explain the reason why pitchers are rated higher than batters. Don't take this as a flame, I just curious about this issue that's all.

Thanks again guys for all of the hard work, this makes the game SO much more enjoyable.

Brian
Old 04-30-2004, 12:00 AM   #663
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gomer and Kerm,

Just played my first game (finally on the new roster) unbelieveable....did you guys also make changes in OF speed? This game is 10x better now.....

Not sure if you are too concerened, but I know you are trying to get this thing accurate, if not no big deal but Justin Singleton on the (AA) NH Fisher Cats seems to have the right stats/ratings, but his body type in the game (African-American and heavy set) is the opposite of him in real life (lanky and white). Just hoping to help out, if you don't feel like changing it down the road no biggie.

Other than that I have no complaints, great job.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:11 AM   #664
Rookie

OVR: 2

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
baseball88 said:
First of all The pitchers have their true velocity for the game to work properly. The velocity and control ratings were taken from a book of of 6300 players plus their accurate stats, and also their accurate pitches.
Also when you play your dynasty, you will not see the pitchers pulled up too quick and at all. This has been verified tested and believe me it works great.
The reason why the batters are rated lowered and the rating sheet because of talents in AA. Now when you go into dyanasty you will notice a big change instead of playing in exhibition. The players will perform like their counterparts. They still hit their homeruns and also their singles, doubles, and triples when they happen. Now if you want to go further, there is an editor in the game and you can change things the way you want them. This has been tested over and over and it works.

I hope this helps

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

s-i-m-u-l-a-t-e a season and look at the horrible stats, its that easy Kerm. Is that what it is supposed to do?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »