Home

Old 03-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #17
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A-Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckley
Try looking at the spray patterns for each batter. This really helped me out, thanks to whoever it was in this forum that suggested it. For example, say you have a right-handed batter who pulls allot. I will adjust his batting stance and back him off the plate to help pull the ball. This seems to reaaly be working. My first 5 or 6 games I was avering about 1 or 2 runs a game. The last 3 games I've played since doing this I've scored 0 (I got shutout but had like 11 hits), 5, and 7 runs. So that's a average of 4 runs...almost double. Try it out, it should help!! Peace
Moving around in the plate for me just does next to nothing. If anything I will strike out more often by doing this, just when I move back guessing a inside pitch they throw on the outside corner and I can't reach it! I have ZERO luck moving around like you guys seem to be having. I do it with the weak hitters ala weeks, figgins(by weak I mean non power) and have them hit the ball in the opposite field for doubles/triples.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: A-Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UALKOEBS
Moving around in the plate for me just does next to nothing. If anything I will strike out more often by doing this, just when I move back guessing a inside pitch they throw on the outside corner and I can't reach it! I have ZERO luck moving around like you guys seem to be having. I do it with the weak hitters ala weeks, figgins(by weak I mean non power) and have them hit the ball in the opposite field for doubles/triples.
HA!! Yes, i've screwed myself moving around a few times....but more times than not it seems to benefit the batter. I try to focus just on the inside part of the plate (if pulling), if they throw outside...I won't swing....sometimes it is hard to lay-off though..........

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »