Home

Old 03-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
A-Rod

I'm having trouble hitting with A-Rod and dont know why, who's having a good season with A-Rod, what are you having success with if you are.. Hitting wise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2005, 03:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: A-Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivrant
I'm having trouble hitting with A-Rod and dont know why, who's having a good season with A-Rod, what are you having success with if you are.. Hitting wise...
once guys go in slumps it is hard to get them out. i would try going to right field to get his chemistry up.

anyway, i could not hit with arod last year so i traded him. this year i can't hit with Mickey Mantle? He is the king of the line drive out.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 AM   #3
P*ng

OVR: 10

Quote:
I've only played a few games using the Yankees, but in those games A-Rod was mashing the ball. My approach with him was just to pull the stick dead left and look for anything middle-in, doesn't matter if it's high, low or wherever. Obviously that's not an extended sample, but it worked very well. Another thing I would suggest is to ignore the hot zones completely, especially if you're slumping. Just go up to the plate and look for a certain location (and pitch if you want to also). When you get it, jump all over it. It works like a charm for me that way. That's how I finally learned to hit with Beltran. His hot zones are all up and away, so I was trying to always aim for them and I was hitting weak popups and the like virtually every time. Once I stopped paying attention to that and started to look middle-in like your typical power hitter, he's been on fire. Hope some of this helps you.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I started great with him and then got into a huge slump. I kept trying to hit homers, once I got patient I got more walks, hits, and homers with him. I'm great with him now. If you bat with Jorge Posada then you know what I mean..I had his avg. to almost .146 and started taking my time. Seven games later his average is .212 I believe.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't use him but in my owners mode Arod is struggling too. .238 3hr compared to my blalock who is hitting .286 12hr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 23

Quote:

I was struggling with A-Rod too, but was able to get out of it. What I do is move him in closer to the plate when the pitcher is winding up. I then look for an inside pitch and press the left nipple up and in. I've gotten alot of HRs this way. If I have two strikes on me, I will go back to my original position at the plate and wait for a pitch somewhere down the middle. Once you get some HRs using my method or some hits here and there, he will start getting back on track.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Maybe you should give him some advice and tell him to stop slapping the ball....

AROD Pun totally intended!!! haha slap the ball get it....

Okay its only funny to me....
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 03-24-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ya I'll try some of those things out with A-Rod, Posada is slumping mad too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »