Home

Playoffs tight?

This is a discussion on Playoffs tight? within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Playoffs tight?

Been thinkin about simming my last month of my braves franch to the playoffs kinda anxious, playoffs produce good games? just wondering I'm like 98-34 on my Braves dynasty ready for playoffs. Anyone else simmed to playoffs at the end of season? May do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Playoffs tight?

If you have enough memory (or if you are playing the XBOX), perhaps you should save a file of a simmed to playoffs dynasty and the one you are currently using.

Hah, I would tell you if the playoffs were good, but I haven't gotten there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivrant
Been thinkin about simming my last month of my braves franch to the playoffs kinda anxious, playoffs produce good games? just wondering I'm like 98-34 on my Braves dynasty ready for playoffs. Anyone else simmed to playoffs at the end of season? May do that.
I thought the playoffs were a little tougher but i also hit a bit of a slump at the end of the regular season so that may be it. I only lost two playoff games on the way to a world series victory against the yankees, but pretty much all the games were very tight, with me even trailing late into some very pivotal games.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

The playoffs are tougher. the CPU often seems to somehow catch up in one way or another. but not in a bad way. its very enjoyable if you know what your doing.

As far as your record goes though, I think you might need to bump up the difficulty after this season. 98-34 is not very realistic. but than again its your game.

If you do want a challenge though, bump up the difficulty. You cant expect the cpu to be any better even though its the playoffs.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

When I got to the playoffs I didnt run into the computer playing tougher, I actually beat the Mets with the Dodgers to get to the World Series and I had struggled with them all year but in the playoffs I swept them easily. When I got to the World Series though it was a different story, I faced Boston and was down 3-1 in the series and came back to win the series in 7 games, but it was a great series full of ups and downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I definitely felt that it got harder down the stretch and in the playoffs.

As far as your dynasty, I wouldn't sim for two reasons...

1) I don't like simming, doesn't feel real
2) You have a chance to set the record for most wins in a season, I'd definitely try and keep going after that.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 06-14-2005, 03:32 AM   #7
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought the 2005 playoffs were easier than the regular season in my Indians dynasty. It was probably just a case of my team getting on a hot streak. Sabathia was mediocre in the regular season (12-13, 4.34 ERA). Suddenly he became Bob Gibson in the playoffs, going over 21 innings without giving up an earned run in his first 3 postseason starts.

We got crushed by the Yankees and Red Sox all season. But in the playoffs, we swept the Yankees in the ALDS, and then got really lucky when the Mariners (with Sexson injured & out for the year) swept the Red Sox in the other ALDS. We easily swept Seattle in the ALCS.

Houston put up a great fight in the World Series though. We were down 3 games to 2, but won the last 2 to win it all. Like I said I think the team was just on a hot streak. I've got way more talent on the roster in 2006 due to a ridiculous bunch of free agent signings, but we're only in 2nd place.

Last edited by edmus; 06-14-2005 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #8
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Does anyone on this site ever lose in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »