Home

More MVP Movie Anaylysis:

This is a discussion on More MVP Movie Anaylysis: within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2003, 03:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
More MVP Movie Anaylysis:

The f-ing amazing:

That changeup that Vaughn whiffs on down and in. Then the high heat whiff. That was as real of an AB in a computer game I have ever seen. Very well done.

Runners rounding bases....finally. Thank you.

The Good:

Ball physics look solid off the bat. Good variety, fouls, curving, wind affects.

The ?'s:

With the possibility of errant throws, I hope EA did backing up the play AI. I noticed that the pitcher is noticeably absent behind Piazza on some throws home. With bad throws, backing up the play could prove crucial in some games.

Outfield friction could use a little turning. Ball needs to slow just a tad (is the vet still astro-turf though? maybe they coded for surface?)

Im seeing some collision detection...yes...thank you. But is it mapped for: foul poles, facades, signes, gates, Camden Warehouse?

Any other "small" details you noticed? Good or bad?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2003, 03:36 PM   #2
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: More MVP Movie Anaylysis:

i actually saw collision detection on a foul ball.

If you watch the video where Giambi is batting up against Pedro, he fouls off two pitches. the second pitch he fouls off straight into a facade in the stands. very nice touch by ea.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I noticed the lack of friction myself on that thrown ball by Piazza into the outfield...rolls all the way to the wall and he threw from behind homeplate I think!

I am wondering if you get punished too much if you go for a hard throw...I hope it is not like little league with guys throwing the ball all over the place.

Great swing animations and player movement...best I have ever seen. Baserunning window is awesome!!

Hard to find too many negative things so far...good news for sure!
Old 01-27-2003, 03:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

Just thought of another small thing....no base coaches YET...hopefully they will be in, and at least do the slide/get down animation, and the keep going animation.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:34 PM   #5
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

hey silver,

i only have 56k

are the movies head to head or Cpu/ human?

any movies of fenway?? if so hows the city skyline look (ie buildings)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2003, 04:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Phattferd's Arena

OVR: 3

Outfield friction could use a little turning. Ball needs to slow just a tad (is the vet still astro-turf though? maybe they coded for surface?)

The vet has that new field turf stuff. It's artificial but it has the same properties as normal grass. It's basically grass but instead of being alive its some sort of articial material....Tampa Bay has the same stuff and a lot of Football places have it too now.

Also, I hope they fix a lot of the wild throws. Yes I do like that they added this and its realistic, but the movies showed that it happens way too much. On that Piazza play i understand it getting by him and he could throw it away to second too. However, I hope this wont happen all the time, normally you don't see people throwing it away time after time.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

"With the possibility of errant throws, I hope EA did backing up the play AI. I noticed that the pitcher is noticeably absent behind Piazza on some throws home. With bad throws, backing up the play could prove crucial in some games."

i'm pretty sure i saw the ss running to back up third on a throw from home and the run down was awesome...another little thing i like was the animation of Drew jumping up to field the ball off the wall that was an awesome animation.....the best part had to be seeing mo vaughn hit that long fly ball to deep center and watching him not even make it to first before it was caught
Old 01-27-2003, 05:17 PM   #8
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

i just watched a movie (zito vs red sox)

i noticed SMOKE TRAILS (walker's double & nomars bomb)

are the smoke trails everywhere else too??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »