Home

Does you think there should be a limit of no. of gold players in a squad?

This is a discussion on Does you think there should be a limit of no. of gold players in a squad? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does you think there should be a limit of no. of gold players in a squad?

Imo it's kind of ridiculous when people have a full 90+ squad and their whole offense consists of turboing into the paint with dr.j and mj and their defense consists of either zone or spamming steal with gary payton.

I think 7 golds would be a good limit. still being generous

Last edited by Rotatingkitchen; 02-11-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Does you think there should be a limit of no. of gold players in a squad?

I think 2 golds, 3 silvers, 1 sapphire, and the rest bronze.

The golds need redefined though. 90-99 should be a platinum card, not a gold or else no one is going to use guys 80-89.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
Rookie

I find it hard to play road to the playoffs because of the lag but it is frustrating playing the gold tournament and they're just stacked. I like using players like rondo hibbert Irving. They're all gold but they aren't lebron Shaq and mj. They need to modify the card rankings. Maybe almost like player roles. Superstar starter role player etc. Just an idea. Then only like 3 superstars per squad or something. Either way this set up does blow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

It baffles me when people play a mode like MyTeam, Madden's Ultimate Team or FIFA's Ultimate team and they complain about how good peoples teams are. This is the point of the mode. For the user to put together his "Dream Team". People that are cheesing is a separate issue that 2k needs to fix.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
Rookie

It's called MYteam not YOURteam. So if I want all diamond 99 squad then deal with it. Even if there is restrictions you whiners will find something else to bitch about. Man up guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #6
Rookie

AHaras's Arena

limit a players team? you have got to be kidding me!

...especially if you are talking about road to playoff mode. the point of road to playoffs is to watch your team grow and by seed three-one you will have an absolutely dominant team. people get an early start at that insane team and there is nothing wrong with that.

usually if you cant stop someones offense its your own fault not their players. realistically there is a counter for every sort of cheese in the game.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
Rookie

I agree with the last 3 posts. Regardless of the circumstances someone is gonna bitch and complain about something. If you are losing it's your fault not someone or something else...
Old 02-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingeye3
I agree with the last 3 posts. Regardless of the circumstances someone is gonna bitch and complain about something. If you are losing it's your fault not someone or something else...

Nope. I bought this game to play sim basketball game and this is nothing near sim basketball. It's made for the casual gamer. So if i lose it's not my fault this game has major flaws.

If you want a team of 99 diamond players i have no problem with it but if 2k needs to make the gameplay a proper basketball sim first so you can't hide behind the player's beastly stats. Not spamming steal as soon as your oponent gets a defensive rebound or enters the post. Or inbounding at half court with your MJ in a full sprint so you can just turbo into the paint. Or playing 1-3-1 zone. The list goes on. I can beat people that play like this but it doesn't feel like proper basketball.

And i'm not whining. As soon as someone suggests a change they get called out for whining. morons...

Last edited by Rotatingkitchen; 02-11-2014 at 05:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »