Home

How much money have you spent on this mode?

This is a discussion on How much money have you spent on this mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How much money have you spent on this mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Unless your prepared to post your monthly statements so we can analyze your spending habits, you still aren't in the position to tell anyone what to do with their $...I highly doubt it will be all good, bills & charity...

and what does "already on the disc" even mean in this context? Folks aren't buying players for quick games...

As far as the future of gaming...as long as it doesn't get to the point where we HAVE to buy anything to enjoy the game, I'm good.
"Already on the disc" means the players and models you're buying exist on the disc from day one, and you're only buying into some aesthetic about a "card collection". It's a scam, and buying into it only gives the scam legitimacy...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #42
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Xavyer
"Already on the disc" means the players and models you're buying exist on the disc from day one, and you're only buying into some aesthetic about a "card collection". It's a scam, and buying into it only gives the scam legitimacy...

By this logic, all DLC is a scam though..
Old 04-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:

I get what this guy is saying. Idk if I necessarily agree with him but I get his point. You're paying extra money but you're not actually adding any sort of content to the game. There's plenty of DLC that actually adds content so idk how you think he's saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:

A lot of DLC is actually. Any DLC that's actually already on the disc is no doubt a rip off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
The thing is I don't see people doing it all over again this year when 15 comes out. Who is going to drop a couple hundred again to chase the same players you already have? The graphics and gameplay won't improve enough to justify it. Only if/when they shut down the servers will it force some people. But im sure as hell not blowing more money on the same players in 2k15.
You'd be surprised man, people will buy anything. I wouldn't be surprised to see people dropping a lot of money next year to get the same players. Sometimes people are impulsive, and they don't think logically like that. Impulse buys will definitely be a factor IMO. Also not to mention they will no doubt shut down the servers to force some people who don't want to.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #45
Rookie

I'm not understanding what seems to be the problem with this thread, your not forced to by VC for Myteam, i've seen players who have worked for their cards and far superior gamers then people who bought it all. There is no disclaimer that states you must buy VC to play the game mode. EA sports does the exact same method, and Gaming as a whole will evolve into monetizing their product. It's here for the long run, it's a sports DLC. There are tons of other game modes to play. If 2k were to charge you to play a quick match online then you would all have a point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottiePimpin
If 2k were to charge you to play a quick match online then you would all have a point.
The point is we're heading that way.... The more money you give them for nothing, the greedier they get, the more they invade our lives with these micro-transactions... It's going to cost VC to play an Offline Quick Match soon....
Old 04-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Not really... Not all DLC is already on the disc...

Do you understand the ability to play a game as Jordan came with the $60 price tag, and you can do that, and edit his attributes any way you want right now?...

But you have people willing to pay $100 more to get a "Diamond Jordan", that's basically the same content you can already access, and edit to your liking?...

The card aesthetic, and the ability to play other idiots online makes it different tho, right?...
Old 04-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #48
Rookie

By this logic we should be making fun of everyone who buys expensive basketball shoes because there is cheaper ones, or buys BMW's when you can buy a used chevy for much cheaper....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »