Home

Would Myteam be better with a salary cap?

This is a discussion on Would Myteam be better with a salary cap? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Would Myteam be better with a salary cap?

What would you think of just a maximum overall team rating, determined by adding up the ratings of all players in the lineup? That way there might be an advantage to choosing more lower ranked gold players, as opposed to LeBron, Durant and lesser role players. Basically I would love a system that encourages people to build different kinds of lineups, and with a 2 or 3 gold limit everyone will always have Lebron or Durant in there.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #10
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Even 3 gold players would be too much IMO.

Everyone would just pick LeBron, Durant, and one of the dominant gold centers.

A 2 gold players limit would be ideal IMO, since every team would have a weakness of some kind. If you went with LeBron and Durant as your golds, you'd be weak inside. If you went with LeBron and a gold center, your perimeter defense would still be weak.

2 gold, 3 silver, 7 bronze would be my preferred setup. All they'd have to do is add a salary capped RTTP ladder in addition to the existing cap-free ladder.
It would be a nice change, having a capped and uncapped ladder.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
It would be a nice change, having a capped and uncapped ladder.
Yep. Someone needs to tweet this to 2k lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Yep. Someone needs to tweet this to 2k lol.
We published an article about this last year:

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-help-myteam-/

Maybe that helped to get the early seed restrictions into RTTP for 2K15? But Visual Concepts still hasn't taken the concept far enough IMO. A separate RTTP ladder would be ideal.

Quote:
What would you think of just a maximum overall team rating, determined by adding up the ratings of all players in the lineup? That way there might be an advantage to choosing more lower ranked gold players, as opposed to LeBron, Durant and lesser role players. Basically I would love a system that encourages people to build different kinds of lineups, and with a 2 or 3 gold limit everyone will always have Lebron or Durant in there
EA's NHL series has tried restricting lineups based on overall team ratings, but what happens in that scenario is that people will find the lowest rated cards in the game and stick them on their bench to artificially lower their overall team rating and allow them to start a lineup of superstars.

Maybe a better way to do it would be allowing:

one 90+ overall player
two 85-89 overall players
three 80-84 overall players
everyone else 79 overall and below

Give or take a few overall rating points. I don't know what 2K's overall rating scale is like since I never bother to look at them. I just focus on the individual attribute categories that matter most for each position.

But it should be set up so that you can have one LeBron/Durant quality player, two Bosh/Wade/Westbrook/Harden quality players, and then a bunch of role players surrounding them.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-19-2014 at 04:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »