Home

Would Myteam be better with a salary cap?

This is a discussion on Would Myteam be better with a salary cap? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Would Myteam be better with a salary cap?

With how easy it is to assemble a team of superstars—without spending any money my lineup is Rose, George, LeBron, Griffin, Duncan—does anyone else think that Myteam would be more fun and strategic if there was a salary cap that limited the maximum overall rating of your team in online matches, so every game wouldn't be the same group of superstars playing against one another? Feels like having to carefully pick a lineup of gold/silver/bronze players to suit your style of play could be a lot more fun than every game being two all-NBA teams facing off. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Would Myteam be better with a salary cap?

I think it could be worth a shot. But for some people it would take away the "fun" of building their ultimate all star team.

Personally I think they should just raise the price for guys like Lebron, Jordan and Durant etc to significant heights, make them almost unattainable. Fix the minimum price they can sell for in the AH so they can't be bought by everyone.

In saying that, last year I consistently beat these super teams with only 3 gold players on my roster. Hardaway, Iguodala and Marc Gasol.

I fully intend on limiting my starting 5 to three gold players again and maybe allowing myself one off the bench. Makes it more challenging/fun.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

I personally would have been fine with it being limited through RTP to 3 golds, 5 silvers and 5 bronze players. Would have made it more challenging and removed some of the cheese. But some people would not like that.

They could also implement a different mode to player with all golds etc. assuming they did change it.

But thats just my opinion.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readysetdiego
I personally would have been fine with it being limited through RTP to 3 golds, 5 silvers and 5 bronze players. Would have made it more challenging and removed some of the cheese. But some people would not like that.

They could also implement a different mode to player with all golds etc. assuming they did change it.

But thats just my opinion.
That's not a bad idea. Restrict RTP to 3 golds, 5 silvers and 5 bronze.

Then have an "all star league" or the Gold League or something.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
That's not a bad idea. Restrict RTP to 3 golds, 5 silvers and 5 bronze.

Then have an "all star league" or the Gold League or something.
#2kshouldhireme
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
MVP

It is up to seed 5
Old 10-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

I think both are fun. The salary cap in the early seeds is great as you get to play with different players and you see different players (except Durant, everyone seems to have Durant). But there are times I also like to take all the Gold players I've gotten and play with a super team. It wouldn't be that hard to have a salary cap RTTP and an open RTTP. That would be ideal.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Even 3 gold players would be too much IMO.

Everyone would just pick LeBron, Durant, and one of the dominant gold centers.

A 2 gold players limit would be ideal IMO, since every team would have a weakness of some kind. If you went with LeBron and Durant as your golds, you'd be weak inside. If you went with LeBron and a gold center, your perimeter defense would still be weak.

2 gold, 3 silver, 7 bronze would be my preferred setup. All they'd have to do is add a salary capped RTTP ladder in addition to the existing cap-free ladder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »